Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer from BTEA to JA

• 14-06-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey all,

Just came back from the Post Office, there's no money for me there :/ I had transferred from BTEA to JA 2 weeks ago, where I got double payment, last week I got half payment, and this week no payment. Didn't have time to go to the Social Welfare Office, and no credit to ring them. Does anybody know why this may have happened? It's all a bit strange. I really hope my payment hasn't stopped, as I have just moved into a new house :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You really need to go to your local sw office to find out exactly what is happening with your claim.

You say you have just moved into a new house, perhaps sw are waiting on proof of address from you?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AppleTartFace

Nope, I handed in all documents, I'm living with my landlord, and he signed a piece of paper proving he's my landlord and that. It's just strange, if my payment has stopped, wouldn't they have sent out a letter? Also, I have been getting it the last 2 weeks, and my circumstances are pretty much the same as last summer.....I'm going to my SW office tomorrow, just want to be prepared for the worst I guess :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Best thing to do is go into them tomorrow and see whats going on.Letters are very rarely sent out, its obvious that they want you in for some reason. Would be nice to have an update of what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AppleTartFace

Thank very much for your help, went to the SW Office just there, and they haven't confirmed it but it all makes sense now. The double and half payment was due to the changeover in days (BTEA gets paid on a Thursday, JA on a Tuesday), so I was due a week and a half's payment, but instead I got double and then half, anyways it works out.

I'm so silly, I moved out of a house around the time I was applying for the transfer to JA, lived at home for a few days whilst looking for a new house, so I had filled in my details with my home address. The day after I found a new place to live. Even though I have sent in proof of my new address, it appears that the Office has only processed my home details at the moment, so my payment is simply in a different office. The lady in the office guessed it straight away and my mother rang me just after I was in the Office to say a letter had been sent out from the SW Office addressed to me asking to sign on. I need this confirmed obviously, expecting a phonecall any minute now, but it all adds up and makes sense!! Thanks for the help though. :)

Advertisement