Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit-claiming the adult dependant increase

Options
  • 15-06-2011 12:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭

What is the procedure to claim the adult dependant increase if you are already on IB? Is there some form to complete? Or do I send the IB section a letter?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Looks like you should sent them a letter.(get proof of postage.Free in the post office)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Grass between the tracks

Is it that simple? My husbands benefit has run out and he is not entitled to anything so I now want to claim for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

Is it that simple? My husbands benefit has run out and he is not entitled to anything so I now want to claim for him.

Just contact them. They will need details of your husband's circumstances, to show that you are eligible for an increase for qualified adult. If he has no income of his own, then there shouldn't be a problem.

If he is coming off a Jobseekers payment, then he would want to make sure he is signing for credits to keep his insurance record up to date.

Advertisement