Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmacken Roundabout

Options
  • 08-04-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Anyone know as to why is it taking so long to finish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,784 ✭✭✭✭phog

Merging new works or working on exisiting routes are always more time consuming as you have to have manage traffic as well as normal construction work.

What drive me mad is where they scrape away the top surface and then leave a sharp ramp there for the duration of the road works and re-surfacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

phog wrote: »
    Merging new works or working on exisiting routes are always more time consuming as you have to have manage traffic as well as normal construction work.

What drive me mad is where they scrape away the top surface and then leave a sharp ramp there for the duration of the road works and re-surfacing.

I'm used to stupid road works at this stage but everytime I go over them 'ramps' I think my wheels are gonna come off. They must definitely be causing damage to the low profile tires!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Where is this ramp exactly? I remember travelling over it on Sunday but want to prepare for it tomorrow.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Where is this ramp exactly? I remember travelling over it on Sunday but want to prepare for it tomorrow.

Cheers

There are 3 ramps on the 3 main exits of the roundabout about 20 feet coming off the roundabout. The exit to the Condell road heading to Shannon bridge is by far the worst. I would suggest taking it handy coming off the roundabout and you will def know when you are over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭manna452121

The ramp is on the Shannon bridge side of the works heading for town.Alot of people since the good weather has arrived go for walks on the bank which finishes at the roadworks,but then cannot cross the road to get to the Aylesbury/Ivans area as all the footpaths are dug up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement