Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want a decent shower and modern stove

Options
  • 02-03-2014 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I'm saving for an ensuite renovation and i want a decent, high pressure shower. Something like this...http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Showers/Fixed-Shower-Heads/Square-Waifer-300mm-Brushed-Stainless-Steel-Shower-Head-Rectangular-Wall-Arm_2760.html

At the same time i want to replace the open fire with something that looks like this...http://www.thestovedepot.ie/index.php?id_product=18&controller=product&id_lang=1. I want the stove to be able to heat the rads and also the hot water tank i'll need for the shower. I was chatting to a plumber a while ago, but he had such a thick accent i could only catch about one in every 5 words, but the gist i got is that for the shower & stove I'd need a new hot water tank, but that the same tank would work with both, which is why i would get it all done at the same time.

My house is approx 7yrs old and has an electric shower currently in the ensuite and also in the bathroom downstairs, the main bathroom upstairs has the shower & bath coming from the immersion. The immersion is almost directly above the fire and other houses in the estate have had stoves inserted that also then heat the rads so i know it can be done.

I understand this this is going to be a pretty major (and expensive) plumbing job. I presume it is possible? What is the correct terminology i need when talking to plumbers, suppliers, is it a pumped and / or pressure shower etc

Thanks heaps,
    Mel.b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi Mel
    You want to fit a thermostatic shower mixer in the bathroom and then fit a shower pump in the hotpress next to your copper tank
    The market is full of stove suppliers and plenty of makes to choose from
    Pm me for a good supplier
    The shower head you are looking on line at is only the head and at £££ is a bit expensive
    The stove fitting should cost you around €1200 buy you supply the stove all other material should be covered in the price
    The shower fitting should cost around €1000 including all materials
    Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks ccsolar, that is helpful.

So I need something like this...http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Showers/Mixer-Shower-Valves/Cubik-Thermostatic-Triple-Valve-Complete-Shower-Set_916.html (ignore the price, it's jut as an example)?

With regards to the hot water tank, what size should I be looking at? At the moment it's just myself in the house, however I want to future proof it. I'd say I'm pretty conservative with my showers which are less than 5 mins (comes from having lived in Australia all my life, having water restrictions & also having to pay for water!).

I'll pm you with regards to a stove supplier.

Cheers,
    Mel.b

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

mel.b wrote: »
    Thanks ccsolar, that is helpful.

So I need something like this...http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Showers/Mixer-Shower-Valves/Cubik-Thermostatic-Triple-Valve-Complete-Shower-Set_916.html (ignore the price, it's jut as an example)?

With regards to the hot water tank, what size should I be looking at? At the moment it's just myself in the house, however I want to future proof it. I'd say I'm pretty conservative with my showers which are less than 5 mins (comes from having lived in Australia all my life, having water restrictions & also having to pay for water!).

I'll pm you with regards to a stove supplier.

Cheers,
    Mel.b

Hi Mel
    I would fit a 54" copper tank or if you plan to go with solar in the future you should install a 300litre stainless steel tank, it really depends on your budget either way fit a triple coil tank.

Copper tank 54" €430.00
    Stainless Steel 300 liter €700.00

Cc
    PM Sent

Advertisement