Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

37 points off top is abysmal and a gap that surely could not be bridged under Kenny. Whoever the next manager is they surely cannot do any worse in the League.

We were told the same kind of horse sh*t when Rafa went.

In fact we were promised all sorts of glory. Rafa was the only thing blocking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/manager-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=491646

Martinez the favorite on PP to be the next pool manager carra 25/1, gerrard 50/1 and hodgeson 80/1??? haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Ayre gone too??
    Bloody hell. Fox Sports chose a good time to come in for drama! :/

All the talk was of these guys knowing what they're doing in terms of running a sports organisation? Surely they must have plans in place to get top individuals in to fill all of the vacant roles?? This does not look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

I think i'd have to re-evaluate my opinion of Klopp if he was silly enough to come to us now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I suppose its interesting that Dalglish was sacked, he clearly did not understand that he was on very thin ice -or if I'm being cynical he knew he could get a pay off for not walking, but I doubt that was his thinking I really reckon he thought he was safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Its a pity Sami signed a 3 year contract at Leverkusen a few days ago.

Would love to see him make a return, if we are going with untested managers.

He would certainly get the most out of the players, thats for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

SlickRic wrote: »
    no.

a "few years" is ridiculously hyperbolic.

and your original message was lecturing us on stability - if this isn't a dig at our "stability" i struggle to know what is.

and anyone refusing Rafa should give up supporting Liverpool and/or football in general.

if anything, we should be convincing him to come back.

in truth, unless he's fully re-energised after his sacking from Inter, well, then he should probably stay away for the sake of his own health.

I wasn't lecturing you, it was an observation. Stop taking things personally.

And there have been plenty of digs from Liverpool fans directed at Chelsea for changing managers both today and practically every week in here and the AVB sacked thread. I doubt there'll be much of that anymore.

And i think youre not realising the full consequences of KD's signings and how much it'll set you back. IMO players like Carroll, Henderson, Dowining and Adam will never be good enough to compete for the top 4 and it'll be difficult to move them on at their current wages. it depends on how much money the club will willing to give a new manager and the sounds are that it won't be a whole lot. He'll need to be given plenty IMO.

And I think the job is a poisoned chalice because a lot of the fans will expect the new manager to have ye competing for the top 4 next season and i don't think that's possible without huge investment, which seems unlikely given the amount of money KD has already spent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Its a pity Sami signed a 3 year contract at Leverkusen a few days ago.

Would love to see him make a return, if we are going with untested managers.

He would certainly get the most out of the players, thats for sure.

This is just crazy talk.

Everyone. Please. Stop with the crazy talk!

And that includes any posts with the words "Martinez" in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Super-Rush wrote: »
    We're in big trouble, big fcuking trouble.

I thought they might have someone lined up to step in straight away.

American owners eh?

How do ya know they havent

Also, add another £10 million or so in compensation to the "exceptional expenditure" column for next years accounts. Baffling.

• Advertisement

We need a proven manager tbh wouldn't mind owl Jose :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Anfield cat for the next manager?

Maybe this fly on the wall documentary should be scrapped for a 7 part reality show to find a new manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Just listening to Terry McDermott on SSN,he has the opinion that Kenny should stay on at the club in sum role,a clean break would be the best thing for Liverpool I think and let the new manager put his stamp on the team without the added pressure of having Kenny still in the club

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

If Ayre is sacked who the hell is advising FSG? Too yanks who know jack about football sacking & hiring manager's is not a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

We need a proven manager tbh wouldn't mind owl Jose :D

If Jose EVER gets the Managers seat at Anfield I am out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

mike65 wrote: »
    I suppose its interesting that Dalglish was sacked, he clearly did not understand that he was on very thin ice -or if I'm being cynical he knew he could get a pay off for not walking, but I doubt that was his thinking I really reckon he thought he was safe.

He did an interview about 2 months ago and was coy about his future. In fact, I thought as did a few on here that he's been told he was finished already.

Can't remember when it was exactly, on the eve of a game I think. So he could have known for a while now what was coming.

It's all hear say anyway I suppose.

How do ya know they havent

They just said so?

"Our job now is to identify and recruit the right person to take this Club forward and build on the strong foundations put in place during the last 18 months."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

It's the correct decision lads I know its sad but football hasn't and shouldn't have any place for sentiment.
    Let's hope the owners get the right man give him some money and all of us get behind him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

If Ayre is sacked who the hell is advising FSG? Too yanks who know jack about football sacking & hiring manager's is not a good thing!

Deins name is cropping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Of course he knew, he was ordered to give a written report on why the results were so poor.

Even if he were to bring the club back to success? I don't think so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Nothing more than a few non-journo tweets about the Ayre sacking. I would be surprised, who can they trust to lead the search for a manager (and other positions) if they get rid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

OK whoever wanted to get a measure of the new owners well you will not have to wait too long .

With all the activity over the past two months with staff etc then they are either extremely intelligent or extremely stupid.

Please be the former.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

SlickRic wrote: »

and anyone refusing Rafa should give up supporting Liverpool and/or football in general.

I wanted Rafa gone as far back as the summer of 08 when he tried to drum Alonso out of the club for Barry
    We played an awful brand of football under Rafa (bar a couple of months when we had handed the title back to Utd in 09)
    Second comings in football never work out and he could not get the job done first time around, it will be a harder job now.

And thanks very much but i will continue to support Liverpool and football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We need a proven manager tbh wouldn't mind owl

Woy?

• Advertisement

Even if he were to bring the club back to success? I don't think so...

Yes even if he were to do that. The mans ego is bigger than every club he's been at. He has left every club he's managed (bar maybe Porto) in a worse state than when he took over.

And he is still the enemy of football in my book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Just after hearing about the big news. Surely Benitez will be top of the pile for the new manager. Kenny has done his best and will always be a legend at the club. We need a top pedigree manager now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I hope they can attract a decent manager. This appointment is vital. No unnecessary risks should be taken.

They should go all out for AVB and give him the time needed to turn us around, I think he has the quality and was very poorly treated at Chelsea.

I like rafa and wouldn't be against him signing but we need a break from the past. Deschamps might be another decent shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

We should be so lucky !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I posted this yesterday

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78688783&postcount=7736

still think there is something in this....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Shame it ended like this and doesn't feel nice but I think it's the right decision. They need to follow it up and appoint someone decent though.

I posted this yesterday

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78688783&postcount=7736

still think there is something in this....

What, Steve Clarke as manager?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Tony Barrett ‏ @TonyBarretTimes
    Looks like Liverpool need a new assistant manager too. Hearing Steve Clarke has left out of loyalty to Dalglish.

I really am speechless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Sorry to see him go but its for the best imo - Statement was very good also, bit of honesty!

Leiva wrote: »
    OK whoever wanted to get a measure of the new owners well you will not have to wait too long .

With all the activity over the past two months with staff etc then they are either extremely intelligent or extremely stupid.

Please be the former.

Please....have you seen Linda....John is defo not stupid ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Betting suspended on Brendan Rogers on PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Yes even if he were to do that. The mans ego is bigger than every club he's been at. He has left every club he's managed (bar maybe Porto) in a worse state than when he took over.

And he is still the enemy of football in my book

Do you perhaps not think they were in a worse state after he left because he wasn't in charge anymore? How many managers have Inter and Chelsea combined had since?

Gerty wrote: »
    Looks like Liverpool need a new assistant manager too. Hearing Steve Clarke has left out of loyalty to Dalglish.

I really am speechless.

It gets better.

Ben Smith ‏ @BenSmithBBC RT @TonyBarretTimes
    Steve Clarke has left out of loyalty to Dalglish.

token101 wrote: »
    Betting suspended on Brendan Rogers on PP.

Someone must have stuck a fiver on

• Advertisement

Gerty wrote: »

I really am speechless.

Ahhh Bolli*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

jesus, that abortion of a thread on Kenny being done is going to bring down the whole site.

clarke has gone too??? bloody hell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr how can I study when this is going on:mad::mad::mad:

Just read ayre in not gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭td1

Leiva wrote: »
    Those shower of lazy listless cünts of players should hold their heads in shame right now :mad:

I dont like this .

Eh? Would their 'performances' - on and off pitch - this season not indicate that they know no shame?

FSG better have VERY deep pockets, if they want top 4 they're going to have to spend 100m + this summer and get a top class manager

And lfc.tv is down! Didnt take long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

ardinn wrote: »

down all day in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I think this shows FSG are seroius about pushing up back up the league and they arent afraid to make the big decisions to do that.

Lets just hope they are being advised correctly on possible appointments. Theyve said that they have the money to compete with anybody they were well within their rights not to trust Kenny with a big budget this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

ardinn wrote: »

Up and down like the proverbial undergarment of a lady-of-the-night.

I don't think it'll take 100M. That is 5+ players. If we spend that, we have to be selling too, which would have to offset any spend.

I see a CM, RM and CF, that's all...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement