Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warning - Nissan Qashqai clutch failure

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think the 51 posters on this page should give the OP a tenner to ease the pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Poulgorm wrote: »
    The mechanics / garage owners on here who argue that it is all down to skipping maintenance by the owners are talking rubbish and their self-interest in expensive repairs is obvious....

...Your best chance of getting a trouble free car is a Toyota or Honda, with a petrol engine. They are not turbo charging their engines (so far)...

You sir, are talking rubbish. For the last 5 or so years the attitude to maintaining a car be the average Joe has changed. The view now is to do as little as possible with seduced maintenance, fit lower quality/second hand tyres and run it till it dies. The down side to all this is cars are having mechanical failures on parts that didn't give trouble when maintained properly. I've seen a few cars require replacement engines due to general lack of servicing as well as accidents caused by worn or bald causing people to skid.
    There is no 'vested Interests' or big conspericy to get Joe public to spend money they don't have so enough with the tinfoil hat ideas.

Also, Toyota really not as good as they were, Honda ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭greasepalm

i think i have replaced 5 clutches on these and on 08 regs lol getting worried when another comes in ,i ask hows your clutch?think women think i am talking about their body parts:eek::D:D

bloody lucky sods getting that long out of a clutch,read elsewhere 74 miles on a clutch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Poulgorm wrote: »

Your best chance of getting a trouble free car is a Toyota or Honda, with a petrol engine. They are not turbo charging their engines (so far).

I agreed 100% until this bit.

OP has a turbo small engines diesel, what do Toyota have?

How many different million car recalls did Toyota / honda have?

Toyota / honda are aiming for the exact same high mpg figures as their rivals which are only attainable with hugely complex electrical wizardry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

Nissan now makes crap cars since 1999 when they up alliance in 1999 with Renault

http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/clutch-problems_topic8757.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I was looking to buy a brand new car there a year or so ago and dealer specifically told me clutch isn't included in warranty , his exact words were, you could buy this car, do 10 miles up the road and the clutch isn't covered under warranty .
    A person can burn a clutch out in no time at all .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

We've never had to replace a clutch in any of our cars, and between us we have had 5, current one has 190k miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Flywheel went on my dads 09 quashqai cost €1000 to replace it. That was in the summer and now the clutch has gone in it! Wouldn't go near nissan again, I've a 10 year old car and never had one problem with it apart from the odd bulb replacement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

bri007 wrote: »
    Flywheel went on my dads 09 quashqai cost €1000 to replace it. That was in the summer and now the clutch has gone in it! Wouldn't go near nissan again, I've a 10 year old car and never had one problem with it apart from the odd bulb replacement!

Bit silly not to replace the clutch with the flywheel, especially on a 5 year old car. You're paying for the same labour again as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Yeah looking back now wish he did that, my dad doesn't know a whole lot about cars so unless it was suggested to do so he wouldn't of thought of doing so!

Just going to have to pay the price for it now and get rid of it, more trouble than it's worth one thing after another with it since he got it!

Has very low millage on it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    I agreed 100% until this bit.

OP has a turbo small engines diesel, what do Toyota have?

How many different million car recalls did Toyota / honda have?

Toyota / honda are aiming for the exact same high mpg figures as their rivals which are only attainable with hugely complex electrical wizardry

You missed my point - I specifically referred to their petrol engines (not turbo charged).

As regards Toyota's and Honda's recalls - at least they do recall them when they find a design fault. If only the Germans would do the same...

Just to give you one example - some of those TSI engines are notorious for their oil consumption - and VAG won't replace the engine unless the oil consumption exceeds 1 litre for every 800 miles. Anything under that, VAG state is "normal".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I've seen a clutch entirely torched at 600km, not warranty. At 50k km it is entirely unreasonable of a consumer to expect a warranty replacement on a clutch.

Every clutch is different, your driving style needs to adjust accordingly. You cannot drive any 2 cars the same any more than you can expect a Samsung Galaxy and an iPhone 5 to have all the settings in the same place.

Advertisement