Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME - TDU 2 50euro but guaranteed 40 back!

Options
  • 11-02-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭

Hey,

After seeing the offer on the internet where you buy it for 40 pound and can leave back to store for 35 pound by the 24th feb, I rang game to see was the offer in stores and he says you pay 50 get the game and are guaranteed at least 40 trade in value if you leave back before 3rd march.. Seems like you basically get the game for 3 weeks and only pay tenner.. I think it's a good deal anyways so taught I would let yas know..

Btw TDU is test drive unlimited.. The game is only out today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Couldn't you just rent it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Basq wrote: »

I guess so, but you get 2 extra weeks for an extra 2euro?... I suppose it only good if you buy alot of games... Also if someone was buying it and didn't like it they could just leave it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Basq wrote: »

Renting is 8 euro for 5 days-19 days renting would work out around 30 euro...

Good bargain from OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Do you get €40 cash back or €40 credit against something else.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Do you get €40 cash back or €40 credit against something else.

I do not know... It may be credit, that may be the only let down.. But I plan on getting it and leaving back and paying the extra for Killzone 3 or something.. This is terms and conditions from the website:

Terms and Conditions: To redeem this offer and Play and Trade Test Drive 2 the product must be preordered or purchased on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 at the full online retail price of £39.99 and traded in at any UK GAME store by 24th Feb 2011. Test Drive 2 will be available to play from release date. £35 trade in credit may be credited towards any purchase in store immediately or transferred to a free trade-in card to be spent at a later date. Cash trade-in value may vary. To trade-in; all games must be in original packaging, in good working order and of satisfactory quality. Trade-in offers are open to member of the public only and GAME reserves the right to refuse any offer to anyone believed to be representing a trade buyer. The Managers decision is final. The offer can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers in store.

Note though that Ireland may have different rules and its 3rd March for Ireland I think?..

Wait just seen yeah it's store credit but would be useful for people planning on buying an upcoming game... They would put the credit down on a card for use in the future.. I will use it for my 3DS maybe..

Also you will get the 500 game points which works out as around 1.25 on card so technically your paying 8.75 ..

I also am using store credit to buy the game so it does not really effect me..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Not a good deal gamestop will give you your 50 euro back and if you trade in on a 3DS you get 62.50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Not a good deal gamestop will give you your 50 euro back and if you trade in on a 3DS you get 62.50
    I hate pointing this out (mostly because I fall victim to it sometimes), but a little punctuation goes a long way to making your posts understandable.

Gamestop only give 50euro if traded in by Monday closing time?... Not alot of time to finish the game... Also WTF no way would they give 62.50 for a game that costs probably 55euro if you trade it in?... That makes no sense?... Then everyone would just buy multiple copies and trade them in towards 3ds...

Advertisement