Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runkeeper Pro (iPhone / iPod Touch / Android) - was €7.99, now FREE!

Options
  • 30-12-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭

For all those dedicated to a new year's diets and healthy bouts of exercise, this may help!

I actually have this app myself, and it's great... it normally costs €7.99, but it's free from now on! the month of January!

mzl.tkibyvfd.320x480-75.jpg mzl.xsgkeppi.320x480-75.jpg
    Download in iTunes | [url=market://search?q=pname:com.fitnesskeeper.runkeeper.pro]Download from Android Market[/url]
    RunKeeper uses the GPS technology found in the iPhone to track your fitness activity, giving you comparable results to an expensive GPS watch at a fraction of the cost. Now, you can also enter your activities manually, including your treadmill runs too!

The intuitive and easy-to-use interface of the app makes it easy to track how far you went, how long it took, what your pace/speed was, how many calories you burned, and the path you traveled on a map.

Once your activity is completed, the data is synced to the RunKeeper website (www.runkeeper.com) where you can view a history of all of your activities, and cumulative totals of all of your vital stats. You can also share your progress with friends by posting your activities to Facebook and Twitter, and creating a profile page that allows people to view all of your public activities.

Features:

* Activity Tracking
    No need for an expensive, standalone fitness tracking device when you can use your iPhone 3G or 3GS to do the same thing. Now you can track how far you went, how long it took you, and the route you traveled right from your iPhone

* Personal Dashboard
    Store all historical activities on runkeeper.com, where you can keep track of totals and monitor your progress

* Maps integration
    See the exact path you traveled on a map, both on the device and on our website

* Activity Sharing
    Share your activities with friends via email, or by posting them to your favorite social sites, including Facebook and Twitter

* Music
    You can listen to the iPod during your activity, and even change tracks without leaving the RunKeeper application

* iPod Integration
    Choose one of your iPod playlists to start automatically the moment you begin your activity

* Audio Cues
    Get time or distance-based updates through your headphones during your activity

* Interval Workouts
    Create a workout built from intervals of time and/or distance, and let the audio cues coach you every step of the way

* Target Pace
    Enter a target pace at the start of your activity and get coached on whether you are ahead/behind that pace through your headphones

* Geo-tagged Photos
    Take photos without having to stop your activity. Photos are geo-tagged so when you view them on RunKeeper.com, they appear on the map right where you took them

* Splits
    You can see your split times in the app as you do your activities

* Manual Activity Input
    You can enter activities manually, including runs done on a treadmill or without your iPhone

* No Advertisements

Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭dubal

Cheers, I "used to" use the free version all the time. Works great.

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

It might be also worth mentioning in the title that it's also free on Android for January.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

6ix wrote: »
    It might be also worth mentioning in the title that it's also free on Android for January.
    Done.. and added in link to Android Market.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 aspireone

I use this myself - absolutely brilliant app. Works great for cycling too, tells you calories burned etc and audio cues when you want them telling you your speed / pace and distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

If the last 15 years are anything to go by, I'll use it on New Year's Day, and then go for a bag of chips!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Sweet, nice one. Just what I need after the 25 euro slabs of Guinness, cheap Tesco choccies, etc etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Thanks for that, was ready to buy it in the next week and you saved me the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

cant seem to find it on android market has anyone downloaded it for android?

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

TimMac wrote: »

I just downloaded it, found it with no problem.
    Just did a search for "runkeeper" - it is the only hit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

TimMac wrote: »
    Just got it now from the Market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Got it too from Android market.Thanks OP. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

all I need now is the €500 odd to spend on an iphone

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

all I need now is the €500 odd to spend on an iphone

Or get an Android at a fraction of the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Brilliant! Have wanted this app for ages, but couldn't justify the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Thanks!!!

Have the free version and works great let's see how much improvement the pro version is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Just want to bump this in Bargain Alerts.

I downloaded this a few days ago and have used it twice since.
    It's an excellent app at the very least for keeping track of distance, time and pace. Recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

keeps crashing on my phone. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

weeder wrote: »

It'd be handy if you told us which phone. Seems to work well enough on my HTC Legend, though I haven't gotten out of bed yet so I can't give a definitive answer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Works fine on my HTC Wildfire...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

do you have to pay after january?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

basquille wrote: »
    For all those dedicated to a new year's diets and healthy bouts of exercise, this may help!

I actually have this app myself, and it's great... it normally costs €7.99, but it's free for the month of January!

mzl.tkibyvfd.320x480-75.jpg mzl.xsgkeppi.320x480-75.jpg
    Download in iTunes | [URL="market://search?q=pname:com.fitnesskeeper.runkeeper.pro"]Download from Android Market[/URL]

The [URL="market://search?q=pname:com.fitnesskeeper.runkeeper.pro"]Download from Android Market[/URL] link does not seem to open with Firefox.

The [URL="market://search?q=pname:com.fitnesskeeper.runkeeper.pro"]Download from Android Market[/URL] link does not seem to open with Firefox.
    I think it'll only work when you open it in a browser on an Android Device.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

I can't get the link to work on laptop or my Xperia Browser. I've tried the search too and it turns up no results.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

weeder wrote: »

Me too.

I've a Samsung Galaxy S upgraded to 2.2 firmware and factory reset so the phone is like lightning just this app is an absolute nightmare.

I used it three times on my run route which doesn't deviate.
    Shockingly bad results.
    • It is horribly unresponsive (takes 10 seconds after hitting Start to actually do anything.
    • Regularly misses where I am with the GPS (I'm running in open fields so no excuse there!)
    • Takes a good minute to Stop and then I've to force close the app.
    • For a route that I know is 5 miles it's said the distance was 2, 3 and 5 miles.

Great idea but not working out for me.

Dodgy results for the missus too.
    She's an iPhone and she does the exact same walk every day.
    The distance is off all the time by a few miles on some occassions.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

mathie wrote: »
    Me too.

I've a Samsung Galaxy S upgraded to 2.2 firmware and factory reset so the phone is like lightning just this app is an absolute nightmare.

I used it three times on my run route which doesn't deviate.
    Shockingly bad results.
    • It is horribly unresponsive (takes 10 seconds after hitting Start to actually do anything.
    • Regularly misses where I am with the GPS (I'm running in open fields so no excuse there!)
    • Takes a good minute to Stop and then I've to force close the app.
    • For a route that I know is 5 miles it's said the distance was 2, 3 and 5 miles.
    Great idea but not working out for me.

Dodgy results for the missus too.
    She's an iPhone and she does the exact same walk every day.
    The distance is off all the time by a few miles on some occassions.

I have to say my findings (with iphone) are pretty much the exact opposite of Mathie's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Wonder if this works as well as a car route and MPH tracker/timer as SportyPal used to, which is seemingly gone from the Irish iTunes?

DL'ed anyhow thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 torrid

If people want an alternative to this (and thanks to OP - i'll check it out) I find endomondo to be good. There is a pro version but I use the free one and it has much the same functionality as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Same issues with the HTC Hero. Funnily enough, I was using the free version before January and it was working fine and now, with the 'Pro' version I'm having much the same issues as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Just an FYI - this app has now been made free for life. Not a limited time offer anymore.

• Advertisement

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Just an FYI - this app has now been made free for life. Not a limited time offer anymore.
    So it is..
    When we made the RunKeeper Pro mobile app free for the month of January, we hoped it would help all of you with your New Year’s resolutions, and get more people off the couch to work toward your fitness goals. Given this app was just named one of Apple’s top grossing apps of 2010, we knew this would be a lot of revenue to forego for a small company, but we thought it was worth it to start off 2011 with a bang.

As the end of January approaches, we have been blown away by the response to this little promotion- millions of new users, lots of existing users making the upgrade and active usage on an ongoing basis more than double what it was before. This means more people getting fit, more people using RunKeeper to do so and a much larger chunk of our userbase benefiting from all of the great functionality that the RunKeeper Pro application offers!

Based on what we have learned in the last month, and based on our long-term goal of building the biggest most engaged community of users that we can (who get the best fitness results in the process), it became clear what we needed to do. We are pleased to announce that, as of today, RunKeeper Pro will continue to be a FREE download!

We have so many new things coming in 2011 that we can’t wait to show all of you! And we hope that, by making this bold move, the ‘all of you’ that will benefit from what we are building will be a much bigger number. Stay tuned
    Updated thread title!

Advertisement