Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coaching Badges

• 22-01-2007 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Anyone have any information on coaching courses - trying to get some badges together but the FAI don't make it easy - they now have a Coach Education section on the website but it hasnt been updated since July '06.

Tried calling the head of Coach Education, Joe Boyle, and sent him an email but have yet to recieve a response after nearly two weeks.

I dont want to miss any of the Dublin courses as it can be 3/4 months between occurances.

If any one had any information it would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If you do it through your club the FAI will send some one out at a time that suits you but you'd need a few people to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

at a small club so really wouldnt have more than a handful interested. any other options?

Just a thought but would any boardsies be up for doing a few courses together?
    Maybe even through the Boards soccer team, if that was ok with the relevant people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Good idea, maybe I should investigate this a bit more actually.

I'd certainly be up for it, providing they can run it at weekends, or in evenings. Work and all that.

I'll see what I can find out.

they generally do it Friday evening and Saturday all day, but i presume they can work around people's schedules to an extent.

anyway keep us informed if you find anything! thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I need to find out about this as I am waiting to get Kick start 2 badge but cant as A) I have no club B) The crap FAI site is only displaying last years schedule. Can somebody post up if they have any info on this.
    Cheers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The club I did it with was small enough but it put flyers up to attract different people.

Its hard to do the first coaching badges with out a club.

The level one badge is a friday evening and then all day with kids on the saturday. Then you take a team for a couple of months and you have to meet up again with the FAI lads and go through your progress.

sean did you find out anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I did the Kickstart 1 before Christmas here in Limerick and waiting to do the Kickstart 2. Hope to have the Youth cert or Senior Intro done by the summer. Already coaching a junior team but have to do the kickstarts to qualify for the youth and seniors.

Have a look here:
    http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=827

Just click on the course you are interested in and it will bring up details on the course. Down the bottom of the page there should be a link for the schedule for that course.

i've seen that but the problem is nobody ever gets back to you. i;ve emailed and left a message for one of the organsiers but nothing. its very frustrating...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Call_me_al wrote:
    Hey all,

Anyone have any information on coaching courses - trying to get some badges together but the FAI don't make it easy - they now have a Coach Education section on the website but it hasnt been updated since July '06.

Tried calling the head of Coach Education, Joe Boyle, and sent him an email but have yet to recieve a response after nearly two weeks.

I dont want to miss any of the Dublin courses as it can be 3/4 months between occurances.

If any one had any information it would be great. Thanks!

Are you Steve Staunton ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ciaran76 wrote:
    Are you Steve Staunton ???
    Reported post for personal abuse. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

Hi OP - did you go on one of these, and how did it go? I was thinking of joining one myself!

mru wrote: »
    Hi OP - did you go on one of these, and how did it go? I was thinking of joining one myself!

no it was impossible to contact anyone in the organisation about it, as said above i rang and emailed them a lot and never heard a word from them. still would like to do it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Call_me_al wrote: »
    no it was impossible to contact anyone in the organisation about it, as said above i rang and emailed them a lot and never heard a word from them. still would like to do it though.
    This should be what you are looking for.

Would do it myself but work gets in the way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Call_me_al what courses have you already done. I take it you've done Kickstart 1 and 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

I think it may be a case of just turning up on the day for the first few coaching certs - I'm going to the August session in Ringsend for the inital course, so I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I'd love to take a dive into a coaching career.... Its just getting time etc with work to do these things.

At least I know now where to look :)

Advertisement