Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying new Leap card: issued by IE or Luas ticket machines?

• 16-10-2014 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭

I will be making four trips around Dublin during one day, two Luas and two DART.

I may as well get a Leap card for that day and for the future.

I arrive into Connolly, and I presumed that the IE machines there, or the Luas ticket machines outside would issue a new card.

However, there is no mention of this on the leapcard website (see below).

My friends tell me they are only available online, or at an agent.

Question: if the machines at Connolly don't issue new cards, can I buy a card from the ticket offices at Connolly?

Where To Get a Leap Card?

There are many hassle free ways to get a Leap Card.

Click here to buy a Leap Card online!

Leap Card agents
    There are over 400 Leap Card agent shops around Dublin where you can:
    B
    • uy a Leap Card
    • Top-Up your Leap Card
    • Collect Travel Credit purchased online (if you nominated the agent network as your collection point).
    Click here to find the closest agent to you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,917 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

You can buy one at any payzone agent - www.payzone.ie

That's most newsagents.

They don't sell them at railway stations.

Easons at Connolly may sell them, but the Spar opposite the station certainly does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭BowWow

lxflyer wrote: »
    You can buy one at any payzone agent - www.payzone.ie

That's most newsagents.

They don't sell them at railway stations.

I bought 2, from ticket machine, in Bayside Dart station when they came out first....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Irish Rail ticket machines sell them but not LUAS

I stand corrected - yes you can get them from the Irish Rail vending machines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

In the Dublin area only...

• Advertisement

Well the OP is in Dublin and asked about Connolly Station....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

OP, did you check the machines in Connolly when you arrived there?

Just a quick note to any visitors wanting a Leap card, if you go and buy one in the newsagent dont ask for a 5 day rambler etc to be loaded onto it unless its just the bus you are using as it wont work on the trains and you will need to add further credit onto the card. Good few visitors have been caught out by this thinking the ramblers can be used on the trains as well and the person in the shop may not have explained it to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Yes, Leap card bought in Connolly ticket machines as I left the station today.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Another query:

I returned to Connolly by DART, and had a few mins to switch to long-distance train.

How do I log off the Leap card?

I guess that I walk through tunnel, up steps, along platform, head for gates, swipe card, but not go through gates.

And then turn around and walk back towards intercity train platforms?

Well technically you should have gone through the barriers, and then come back through them again using your intercity ticket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement