Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF

Options
  • 01-03-2014 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭

Can we still have a "WTF" sticky / tread for all the regular guys who contribute good photos + stories, + keep it permanent, and just ban temporary or permanent those who should be banned.
    Thanks.
    MD

Comments

I don't know we'll have to see, the last one didn't go to well, we'll get back to you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

gary71 wrote: »
    I don't know we'll have to see, the last one didn't go to well, we'll get back to you.

Sometimes Shane lives on the edge, but we all agree that his contributions are very informitave. Make sure to leave the door ajar. Boards would be a poorer place without him.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Wearb wrote: »
    Sometimes Shane lives on the edge, but we all agree that his contributions are very informitave. Make sure to leave the door ajar. Boards would be a poorer place without him.

The position of the door is solely dependant on how hard it was banged on the way out really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Wearb wrote: »

Totaly agree, even though I've got a slap on the knuckles over my debates with Shane. His approach is "The book says"
    My approach is "Lets stick the spanner In and see what happens"
    Shane was banned for a week but I now see he has closed his own account.
    Hope he comes back but don't tell him I said that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

+1 on Shanes contributions, and everyone else's, but not going to have people torn apart in here on someone's opinion.

We all give up our time here FOC and everyone deserves respect.

• Advertisement

DGOBS wrote: »
    +1 on Shanes contributions, and everyone else's, but not going to have people torn apart in here on someone's opinion.

BUT !!
    At the end of the day, (or in court )your either legaly approved by the law of this land or your NOT.
    Which of the two was ?
    Which of the two got banned ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Yeah. I agree. But Shane is Shane and those of us that are used to him understand his ways. That is an end to my contributions on this. I don't want to be a mod or have their responsibilities.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

scudo2 wrote: »
    Can we still have a "WTF" sticky / tread for all the regular guys who contribute good photos + stories, + keep it permanent, and just ban temporary or permanent those who should be banned.
    Thanks.
    MD
    Can we also have an "OMG" tread, just to keep the bull and the sh1t seperate.

Seriously it's not a bad idea.

BUT !!
    At the end of the day, (or in court )your either legaly approved by the law of this land or your NOT.
    Which of the two was ?

Can you leave it there please.

Non domestic gas works are non regulated to date, so neither are approved for it or required to be.

Some may have the UK commercial assessments completed, but not required here yet.

• Advertisement

Non domestic gas works are non regulated to date, so neither are approved for it or required to be.

Some may have the UK commercial assessments completed, but not required here yet.
    Not to be a thorn in your side but why is the industrial side = bigger volume of gas = bigger bang.
    Not also regulated here ?

Because the CER haven't got to it yet, started with Domestic over 5 years ago, then added LPG , next step is ND at the end of this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Dont know how the moderaters let this thread even start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

BUT !!
    Which of the two was ?
    Can you not just leave it!

Thanks.
    MD
    AUGUSTA.
    This is how the tread started.
    (As above.)

You posted a question wondering why the mod ever let it be started ?????

Yes it did go on to question a few things, which was also right, from all sides, in my opinion.
    DGOBS pointed out, which I thank him for, the legal fact that non-domestic gas does not come under the authority of RGII.
    Which I personal didn't realise, and including a few other guys, as I got a few phone calls and PM's on this up to very late !! last night,

My main worry seeing the original "the wtf forum" been closed, as it had some good photos and posts.
    A WTF sticky was all I originaly asked about.
    I have asked before about this (WTF Tread) in the last two weeks, LONG before last nights debate.

Hopefully Shane will be back, but that wasn't my top priority or question.

Thank you to DGOBS for finally explaining things. And to Irish Steve, keep posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I unfortunately have missed the action and seemingly the goodbye ceremony of the "sensitive one", I do hope he will be big enough to swallow his pride and come back once he has calmed down, we'll all now have to start thinking of a new username for him, I'm for the Book Eater.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Its a pity he was very knowledgeable and knew what he was on about so much so that if anyone questioned him there could be potential for an argument to get out of control..overall had a postive input and helpfull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Shane is probably glad of a bit of a break, and not having to be an authority on every subject that comes up on the forum.
    His expertise and immense knowledge of everything heating and plumbing related would be a great loss to the forum. I hope that he will be back in a week or two.
    Jim.

Advertisement