Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Team i think kenny will play rather than my team

________ Gulasci_______

_Johnson_carra_skrtel_enricky

_________spearing_______

Kuyt__Gerrard_Shelvey_Downing

__________Suarez__________

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Jones is a hero obv, has to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Jones is a hero obv, has to play.

Can people stop with the Jones jokes, they were never funny to begin with and are overdone at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Morzadec wrote: »
    What I expect too. And also what I'd like to see

Yeah, but its so ugly. I'd love to say feck Downing and Kuyt and go with an exciting Maxi Carroll Suarez up top with Spearing Gerrard and Henderson in a three behind, with Henderson having a stormer to cover Gerrard not playing in his proper position!

Potential scorelines would be:

Liverpool 5-2 Everton.
    Liverpool 0-4 Everton. (with man off)
    Liverpool 6-0 Everton.
    Liverpool 1-3 Everton. (no man off,finish with eleven men).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can people stop with the Jones jokes, they were never funny to begin with and are overdone at this stage.

Are you saying the Doni/Jones jokes have gone so cold they are, eh, rigger mortis? cough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I wish Reina was available tomorrow. He has been getting a bit of stick on here recently but he is still a class keeper. I hope the occasion does not get to Brad Jones. Wish I was going to Wembley tomorrow.Come on Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

wha?

wha?

Wha indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

No they didn't.

No they didn't.
    You're just arguing semantics at this point. Do I have to explain this every time?

You're just arguing semantics at this point. Do I have to explain this every time?

No I am not arguing semantics. What you posted was just completely untrue.

• Advertisement

No I am not arguing semantics. What you posted was just completely untrue.
    How so Andrew? Did we not waste a load of money?

How so Andrew? Did we not waste a load of money?

I even bolded the untrue statements for you, so have a read back if need be.

I even bolded the untrue statements for you, so have a read back if need be.
    I'm aware of what I wrote, thanks. We wasted a load of money on the first team essentially. That is, as far as I'm concerned, true. If it offends you to be classed as a waste of money, then I'm sorry Andy. Try harder not to suck at your job.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm aware of what I wrote, thanks. We wasted a load of money on the first team essentially. That is, as far as I'm concerned, true. If it offends you to be classed as a waste of money, then I'm sorry Andy. Try harder not to suck at your job.

He's not disputing that we wasted a lot of money, what he is disputing is your view that the owners have contributed a lot of that money. Doubtless it could have been spent better, but about 90% of the money spent I'd say came from money received on transfers and saved by trimming the wage bill.

I'm aware of what I wrote, thanks.

You're quite obviously not.
    5starpool wrote: »
    He's not disputing that we wasted a lot of money, what he is disputing is your view that the owners have contributed a lot of that money. Doubtless it could have been spent better, but about 90% of the money spent I'd say came from money received on transfers and saved by trimming the wage bill.

lol, my internet crashed as I was trying to post (I did save the post).
    You certainly put it across in a more diplomatic manner.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You're quite obviously not.

lol, my internet crashed as I was trying to post (I did save the post).
    You certainly put it across in a more diplomatic manner.

That's how I roll Frank, that's how I roll.

5starpool wrote: »
    Yeah I know :) I've made the same point multiple times myself, a couple of times in the last few pages, including once immediately below one of the posts he quoted. Me and the Rigger/Andy have had this convo before and I've told him I agree with him. But on this occasion, I never said it was their own money they spent (rather than funds recouped from sales), and I didn't clarify because it was entirely irrelevant to the points I was making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,976 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Now there's a face that'll sell some jerseys!

175113hp2.jpg

• Advertisement

**** it. Here goes.
    We wasted a load of money on the first team essentially. That is, as far as I'm concerned, true. If it offends you to be classed as a waste of money, then I'm sorry Andy. Try harder not to suck at your job.

Firstly, it does not remotely offend me. Money was wasted. Exorbitant fees were squandered on average players. No debate.
    I'm aware of what I wrote, thanks.

Clearly you are not or you just aren't putting it across properly but think you are. Or as your most recent posts suggests, you are just being deliberately obtuse.

Perhaps aim for a better than 1 in 3 ratio in which your posts could be described in any way as accurate?

So here goes once more with ghusto:
    Thing is, they've already spunked a load of money into the first team.

They have not put any money INTO the first team/squad, nor spunked it in, jipped it in or rode it in. Nothing went in.

This is not semantics, you are just plain wrong.

You followed up with...
    I agree. I'm just saying that initially they DID try to go nuts rather than the long term approach, and it backfired badly.

How did they go 'nuts'? They have not put any money into the first team/squad.

If you consider that going 'nuts' then I don't know what to say.
    Your definition of going nuts differs greatly from mine. Man City could be considered to be going a bit nuts, Chelsea in years gone by have gone a bit nuts.

I imagine that if your dinner consisted of having a bit of dry bread with a glass of water on the side for dipping, you'd be thinking to yourself, 'I'M GOING NUTS!!!1!!

Money was wasted. Exorbitant fees were squandered on average players. No debate.
    That's what I meant by spunked, no more no less.
    you just aren't putting it across properly but think you are.
    Quite possible. The English language is not my strong point.
    Or as your most recent posts suggests, you are just being deliberately obtuse.
    Not true.
    Perhaps aim for a better than 1 in 3 ratio in which your posts could be described in any way as accurate?
    You know where the ignore button is.
    They have not put any money INTO the first team/squad, nor spunked it in, jipped it in or rode it in. Nothing went in.
    See above re: my use of "spunked".
    you are just plain wrong.
    Again, you missed my posts where I've fully acknowledged our net spend is practically nothing.
    How did they go 'nuts'? They have not put any money into the first team/squad.
    The context of that quote is important. Myself and PaulieC were talking long term vs short term. That is would we, and I'm using his words here as I don't have the linguistic skills, "be looking to spend wisely when we do spend rather than go nuts in an attempt to change the clubs fortunes in one or two transfer windows." I used the phrase "go nuts" because in his comment, it was the opposite of "spend wisely" which we didn't do (imo).
    I imagine that if your dinner consisted of having a bit of dry bread with a glass of water on the side for dipping, you'd be thinking to yourself, 'I'M GOING NUTS!!!1!!
    Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

FA cup semi at wembley tomorrow, it's all about this single game. Thank fk we have something to get excited about.

'Pool v Everton in Wembley on this weekend in particular, you couldn't make it up. Really looking forward to it. Game should be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Bless 'em.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Bless 'em.:)

Kenny out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

kENNY IN!

Nope I mean Kenny out....a win despite of the manager but alas all the fan boys will tell us how everything's just fine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

WEMBLEY BABY - AGAIN!!!!!

Andy Carroll - LEGEND

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Everything is not fine but lets not worry about managers for the moment.

Kenny is guaranteed to be here for the final (of course!) at the very least.

I almost feel bad for Everton.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement