Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography -- 147cm adjustable tripod €6.99 @ argos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Cheers OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Both options look OK for a light weight option for going abroad might just get me one so.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jj73

Thanks OP, got the last one in Tullamore. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

thanks OP one still available in Longford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Thanks for the heads-up...got the last ones of each down in Portlaoise. The smaller one at 6.99 does seem a little cheap and light but the bigger one is a good bit sturdier and easier to move the platform. Returning the smaller one to Stephens Green this afternoon if anybody was really on the lookout for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

My good tripod was nicked a few months ago and since then have bought two in Argos for approx twenty odd euro each. Both were rubbish and broke, one on the same day I bought it.
    IMHO one for that price isn't worth getting. Just my opinion though, probably good for emergencies (anyone ever had a tripod emergency?) but probably just a disposable option. I certainly wouldn't trust a decent camera on one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I have one of the 164cm models, and it's perfectly fine. Build quality is OK but since my previous tripod broke (which was €120 I think) I thought I'd take a chance on something cheaper.

Note that my one from Argos was actually a gold chrome colour, as opposed to the silver pictured.

Bargain at €6.99/€13.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

Humans eh! wrote: »
    . I certainly wouldn't trust a decent camera on one though.

Have to agree with this comment. I got a present of one of these for Christmas but before i even got to use it one of the catches on the legs broke on it.
    Got the tripod replaced no problem. I went out to take some photos, came home, setup tripod and after extending one of the legs it came off completely. So now i am on my third Argos tripod. Just thought i'd let people know.....you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

i got one of these a couple of years ago and it's fine. Cheap and chearfull .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

collected one this morning-thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Have put one on reserve anyways.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Have one of those for about 4 years.

Light and cheap - ye can keep your manfrottos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

got last one in cavan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Have one or something very similar that I got from Argos a way back... Works grand for stills... Next to useless for video.,..

Advertisement