Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Digital Value Package €20.75/month

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi patch

You could upgrade to Digital Value with a digital plus box free via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and instead of paying us €25 per month for 17 analogue channels, you will get 90+ channels and a recordable box for €23 per month - (saving you €2 each month)

Or;

Upgrade to a HD Digital Plus box and you will pay us just €27 per month.

There are also 2 other digital tiers with more channels, ESPN included etc that you could opt for also. Order via the link, or you could call 1890 940635 and my guys will talk you through the options.

Better still, you can add home phone for free as all analogue tv customers that can avail of phone from UPC (if it is available) can have it free of charge - no line rental - you just pay for calls. (Current promotion)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    patch wrote: »
    Hi Jason,
    For people like myself who are long time analogue tv and bb customers,
    What are the 'loyalty' options to upgrade to a digital package?
    As in the price i'm paying would likely cover present digital prices.
    The customer line told me to check the website for this info but I don't see it.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭jarvis_c82

Hi Jason,

I was just wondering if the HD package has come to Ballsbridge / Grand Canal St?

I want to upgrade and modify my package at the moment but have heard no news about the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Hi all

I have tried to have the service disconnected TWICE last week and TWICE I was told "the rentention department aren't taking calls right now but have asked me to tell you they'll ring you back within 24 hours"

It really is a farce. I am going to cancel the direct debit and aint afraid of UPC or any threatening letters they might send me. a "contract" is within 2 parties and if one side doesn't fullfill it then it becomes void.

I was mislead and I'm very angry so I want to cancel my digital TV. I'm with UPC almost 4 years anyway so I'm no longer tied to a contract...

woeful service ....

Hi falabo

Not sure this is for this thread, but I would be happy to help you out if you PM me your account details.

Regards

Jason
    falabo wrote: »
    Hi all

I have tried to have the service disconnected TWICE last week and TWICE I was told "the rentention department aren't taking calls right now but have asked me to tell you they'll ring you back within 24 hours"

It really is a farce. I am going to cancel the direct debit and aint afraid of UPC or any threatening letters they might send me. a "contract" is within 2 parties and if one side doesn't fullfill it then it becomes void.

I was mislead and I'm very angry so I want to cancel my digital TV. I'm with UPC almost 4 years anyway so I'm no longer tied to a contract...

woeful service ....

Hi jarvis_c82

We are working in that area, I see some has been upgraded to broadband already and I see plans for later this year for HD also on that street. Call 1890940635 and my guys will check your actual home to see if it has been upgraded or if there is a release date pencilled in.

Regards

Jason
    If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval***

jarvis_c82 wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

I was just wondering if the HD package has come to Ballsbridge / Grand Canal St?

I want to upgrade and modify my package at the moment but have heard no news about the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭bf

Hi Jason,

Just wondering what kind of deals would be on offer for me. I currently have basic UPC TV service in 2 points in the house & have UPC broadband & phone. The main tv in the house is Sky with sports package & Sky Plus.

If i wanted to change the sky point to UPC, any incentives on price?

Regards,
    Brian

Hi bf

Definitely -

Based on what you have in place you can save a fortune by switching over totally to UPC

You are pobably paying something like this currently -

SKY - about €73 per month
    UPC Basic TV - €25
    Total for TV - about €98 per month for TV alone

Switch over to UPC for all digital TV and you will pay us approx €70 for all your TV channels,(including tv in 2 other rooms) including ESPN Sports, Setanta Ireland and Sky Sports, with our plus box in the main room, which can pause, record and series link, just like Sky Plus

Order via boards for free connection www.upc.ie/boardsoffer (as you are upgrading you will not get a voucher but I am happy to waive your connection fee.)

My guys will talk you through all your pricing options

Regards

Jason

bf wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Just wondering what kind of deals would be on offer for me. I currently have basic UPC TV service in 2 points in the house & have UPC broadband & phone. The main tv in the house is Sky with sports package & Sky Plus.

If i wanted to change the sky point to UPC, any incentives on price?

Regards,
    Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭bf

Thanks Jason - but am I woring in thinking at a high level there actually isnt much saving

I'm currently paying UPC c.€50 a month for basic tv, phone & broadband and €60 to sky for plus & sports, so €110 in total.

For UPC tv it will be €70 plus whatever the cost is for phone & broadband (about €30 a month?)

Cheers,
    Brian

Brian

Call my guys on 1890 940635. We can upgrade you onto one of our new bundles for considerable savings. (Please tell them you were talking with me on boards)

Regards

Jason
    bf wrote: »
    Thanks Jason - but am I woring in thinking at a high level there actually isnt much saving

I'm currently paying UPC c.€50 a month for basic tv, phone & broadband and €60 to sky for plus & sports, so €110 in total.

For UPC tv it will be €70 plus whatever the cost is for phone & broadband (about €30 a month?)

Cheers,
    Brian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 DrLego

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Brian

Call my guys on 1890 940635. We can upgrade you onto one of our new bundles for considerable savings. (Please tell them you were talking with me on boards)

Regards

Jason

Are those packages available for people currently on the basic digital?

At home the wife wants to get rid of the Smart for the BB and Phone and swap to UPC but the package we want is for new customers only

thanks

Hi DrLego

Yes, order the broadband and phone (keeping your number) via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and we will put you on a new bundle that suits you, you will also get free activation and a €50 voucher too!

Regards

Jason
    DrLego wrote: »
    Are those packages available for people currently on the basic digital?

At home the wife wants to get rid of the Smart for the BB and Phone and swap to UPC but the package we want is for new customers only

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DrLego

Hi DrLego

Yes, order the broadband and phone (keeping your number) via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and we will put you on a new bundle that suits you, you will also get free activation and a €50 voucher too!

Regards

Jason

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Hi DrLego

Regards

Jason

Jason - I'm on a tv&BB package for a few years now and it's recently increased again I think to above €120 per two-month bill. I need my BB but have decided to ditch my tv (as the cutbacks and universal charge hit me further). What do you recommend as the best value for money BB package for me? I'd prefer unlimited as I use a fair deal of bandwith with my job but need to be economical.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

Any idea when broadband will be available in bray??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Whats the cheapest BB only package on UPC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Hi jason

I sent you a PM as requested but still waiting for an answer, would you be able to offer me a cracking deal or would UPC rather see me move to Sky?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭waterford

Any idea when UPC will be available in Dungarvan??

Hi poochiem

Our 20mb broadband is the one for you as it is unlimited (subject to acceptable use), but as you are ditching our tv, the broadband will cost you €41.75 as we have a discount of €7.75 per month on broadband when you have our tv.

If you want this done, call 1890 940635, my guys will look after you and will talk you through all options.

Regards

Jason
    If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

poochiem wrote: »
    Jason - I'm on a tv&BB package for a few years now and it's recently increased again I think to above €120 per two-month bill. I need my BB but have decided to ditch my tv (as the cutbacks and universal charge hit me further). What do you recommend as the best value for money BB package for me? I'd prefer unlimited as I use a fair deal of bandwith with my job but need to be economical.

thanks

Hi there, yes, Bray is on our roadmapfor this year, I cannot be more specific at the moment, sorry I do not have dates etc currently.

Thanks

Jason
    danois wrote: »
    Any idea when broadband will be available in bray??

Hi BostonB

10mb on its own will cost you €32.75 per month. (€25 if you have tv from UPC) Order here for free installation and a €50 voucher www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason
    BostonB wrote: »
    Whats the cheapest BB only package on UPC.

• Advertisement

Hi falabo

sorry. I have no PM from you please resend.

Regards

Jason

falabo wrote: »
    Hi jason

I sent you a PM as requested but still waiting for an answer, would you be able to offer me a cracking deal or would UPC rather see me move to Sky?

Cheers

Hi waterford

UPC Digital TV with Digital Plus is currently available in Dungarvan. I have no information to hand currently regarding Broadband and phone unfortunately

Regards

Jason

waterford wrote: »
    Any idea when UPC will be available in Dungarvan??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

Hi there, yes, Bray is on our roadmapfor this year, I cannot be more specific at the moment, sorry I do not have dates etc currently.

Thanks

Jason

well i wont hold my breath then thats what I have been told since upc first started broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mitsubishi1

Hi Jason,

Currently on Digital + with Select Extra, Basic phone and 8 MB BB for 63.75 p/month. Any deals I could sign up to or any offers going where I can reduce my monthly bill. Money is very tight at the moment. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Our 20mb broadband is the one for you as it is unlimited (subject to acceptable use)

O please, unlimited my arse, subject to acceptable usage of 250GB, per month that looks like a limit to me which UPC do not supply any way to keep track of.

http://www.upc.ie/termsandconditions/acceptableusagepolicy/

You will notice that a lot of Bordsies are not happy with this.

See "False No Usage Limit Claims With UPC" for more details:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055859111

Hi mitsubishi1

You could downgrade your existing package for a period, less channels, less speed, less cost.

For example: Digital Value+, Broadband basic and home phone. This will cost you €49 per month. (€10 downgrade charge). If you want to go ahead with that just call 1890 940635.
    (You can speed it back up again with a phone call.)

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

Currently on Digital + with Select Extra, Basic phone and 8 MB BB for 63.75 p/month. Any deals I could sign up to or any offers going where I can reduce my monthly bill. Money is very tight at the moment. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement