Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Nights Accommodation, Breakfast each morning, 4 course Dinner...

• 09-02-2011 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

2 Nights accommodation, Breakfast each morning, 4 course Table d'Hote dinner, full use of the leisure centre and a red rose, champagne and chocolates on arrival at the 4 star Claregalway Hotel, Galway only €139 pp. http://www.smartsearch.ie/vouchers/details?id=155

If my boyfriend didn't live two minutes away from the hotel it would definitely be an offer I would consider taking up.

Oh and this is a Valentines special btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Sumtin wrong wid cha linkage baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

No, there isn't. The link brings you straight to the deal.
    Affordable Luxury

Our Sensational Valentine's Special includes 2 nights accommodation for two people, with our renowned Super Buffet Breakfast each morning, a four course Table d'Hote dinner on one evening of your choice, a snipe ofchampagne awaits you both on your arrival with a red rose and chocolates all for only €139pps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

reprazant wrote: »
    No, there isn't. The link brings you straight to the deal.

not in firefox

This is what I get in Chrome:

http://awesomescreenshot.com/02a78vd44

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

yes in my firefox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

00sully wrote: »
    not in firefox

+1

There's something wrong with Firefox rendering the page.
    The direct link does get you to the page, but Firefox isn't rendering the promotion so the page has a blank area.

It also doesn't work when searching for the "hotel" promotions, and explicitly clicking on the link.

I've Firefox 3.6.13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

2 Nights accommodation, Breakfast each morning, 4 course Table d'Hote dinner, full use of the leisure centre and a red rose, champagne and chocolates on arrival at the 4 star Claregalway Hotel, Galway only €139 pp. http://www.smartsearch.ie/vouchers/details?id=155

If my boyfriend didn't live two minutes away from the hotel it would definitely be an offer I would consider taking up.

Should point out that it is a Valentine's special - any other time in low season it would be a poor deal IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 stargirl2k8

I have Firefox version 3.6.13 and it works, worked on the computer I was on earlier too and that had Google Chrome?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭King Cantona

The price is per person so this works out at €278, it's a decent deal, but I don't think its a great bargain.

I got Trim Castle on a daily deal for €79 for one night including champagne/chocolates on arrival. We bought the deal twice and are able to use it on Friday and Saturday for Valentines weekend. For us it worked out at €158 for two nights B&B with two helpings of champagne and chocolate :cool:, and use of the Spa.

That's a difference of €120 better than ClareGalway (but with no dinner). The Claregalway dinner is advertised at 55 euro.

It's a decent find but there's better value to be had out there!

Any of the daily hotel deals I look at had Valentine's weekend exempt from the offer :( In regards to general Valentine's hotel deals though this was one of the best I looked at, some other hotels are really going to town with their prices for the weekend that is in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

I have Firefox version 3.6.13 and it works, worked on the computer I was on earlier too and that had Google Chrome?

Works fine for me as well with Firefox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Have to say I think this is a bit on the expensive side the savoy in limk seems a bit better IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wgk

The price is per person so this works out at €278, it's a decent deal, but I don't think its a great bargain.

I got Trim Castle on a daily deal for €79 for one night including champagne/chocolates on arrival. We bought the deal twice and are able to use it on Friday and Saturday for Valentines weekend. For us it worked out at €158 for two nights B&B with two helpings of champagne and chocolate :cool:, and use of the Spa.

That's a difference of €120 better than ClareGalway (but with no dinner). The Claregalway dinner is advertised at 55 euro.

It's a decent find but there's better value to be had out there!

Where did you get this deal. On the website the offer has no reference to chocolates or champagne on arrival????

what website is that deal from actually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

wgk wrote: »
    Where did you get this deal. On the website the offer has no reference to chocolates or champagne on arrival????
    what website is that deal from actually?

That deal is (was) from the website you're on at the moment!
    http://www.boardsdeals.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Okay, I know what the issue is :o

I have the Firefox "Adblock Plus" add-on.
    This blocks a lot of annoying adverts on many websites.

It blocks this bargain alert advert when I navigated to the page !

Okay, I know what the issue is :o

I have the Firefox "Adblock Plus" add-on.
    This blocks a lot of annoying adverts on many websites.

It blocks this bargain alert advert when I navigated to the page !

Ah, that'll be it for me on Chrome then.

Ah i was thinking it would be something like that all right.

Advertisement