Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What a pair of fools

• 17-06-2008 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭

if they did it that is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/hampshire/7458767.stm

Nathan Dyer and Bradley Wright Phillips charged with burglary

"Staff members at the nightclub claim three mobile phones, £145 in cash, student cards and cigarettes went missing from three handbags.
    Police launched an investigation when a group of men were filmed on CCTV entering the unlocked staff room."

surely they make enough money at championship level that they dont need to steal less than a couple of hundred pounds

Comments

Read that earlier! "Why" was the first word that came to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

'Footballers do something stupid shocka!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It’s not uncommon

Winona Ryder the actress who is far, far richer then these two was caught shoplifting a few years back.
    Nothing to do with money, it’s to do with taking a chance and the rush and excitement that’s involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

micmclo wrote: »
    It’s not uncommon

Winona Ryder the actress who is far, far richer then these two was caught shoplifting a few years back.
    Nothing to do with money, it’s to do with taking a chance and the rush and excitement that’s involved.

still stuuupah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Trilla wrote: »
    still stuuupah

I was looking at the psychological reasons behind it.
    I think you summed it up better than me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Didn't Glen Johnston get caught robbing toilet seats from B&Q !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

will1977 wrote: »
    Didn't Glen Johnston get caught robbing toilet seats from B&Q !!

Haha yeah something daft like that!
    Basically some of these guys are just scumbags who have jobs as footballers, if they werent footballers they would just be regular scumbags....simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

gucci wrote: »
    Haha yeah something daft like that!
    Basically some of these guys are just scumbags who have jobs as footballers, if they werent footballers they would just be regular scumbags....simple as.

From what I've seen of these two I wouldn't really call them scumbags, just drunken stupidity I would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Wasn't there video footage released of this last year? If yes then what they did was a bit more than drunken stupidity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

I dunno, but I would class any act of theft from anyone as a scumbag thing to do.

Drunken stupidity I would class as something stupid that didnt involve stealing or vandalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Drunken stupidity is putting a traffic cone on your head, not stealing IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,282 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

micmclo wrote: »
    It’s not uncommon

And got back into the spotlight before a new film came out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

We've been singing "Scummers Going down" all season, looks like these two actually will :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Call_me_al wrote: »
    pfft that's like 3 months old....

Exactly! Quit givin us old news! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Drunken stupidity is putting a traffic cone on your head, not stealing IMO.

Agrees. Most people who get drunk don't go around robbing people.

Advertisement