Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please..

Options
  • 27-05-2006 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Gonna be honest, i havent a clue about websites or anything of the sort...

www.littleruggers.ie/test1

Did this for the GF, its my first attempt at a site.. Did it using Frontpage..

Everything on it is grand except the buttons never stay dead center.. They're always to the left or to the right.. Also if u open in in IE there's a pic in the middle of the homepage but in Firefox it doesn't come up...

A friend is sorting out the hosting n that, i just designed the site n uploaded it.. Any help as to why the buttons keep moving would be much apreciated..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Not bad at all for a first attempt.
    The html is revolting, but that's Frontpages fault really.

These problems can be overcome if you change your approach... for the sake of simplicity, I'd suggest putting problematic elements inside a table and forcing the alignment you want... also inserting the (sometimes) missing image as a plain old image, instead of what I'm guessing is a layer of some sort. (not sure as I never use them)... again using tables for positioning.

Ideally you could get everything sorted by getting down and dirty with notepad, weeding out all the crap and replacing most of the ugly markup with CSS alternatives... but if you're not interested in html or anything then it's probably an unrealistic option.
    Which is why I say go for the tables route, it's probably the least brain-taxing way of forcing the layout you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Cheers... Now i just need to find out what this "table" thing is.:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Well, I got bored and hand-converted the site to CSS. (need the practice anyway)
    Feel free to use it as a base to build off of... or if Frontpage doesn't work with it, feel free to delete it. :p
    It's not a 100% replica because I got bored again, and now I'm off to do something else.

gl

Advertisement