Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trinity Ball

• 03-03-2005 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

Thanks to a mate spending 7 years there I get to go!!

Here's who is playing:

May 13th - Trinity Collage Dublin

Lemon Jelly
    Groove Armarda
    Babyshambles
    Erol Alkan
    Jacques Lu Cont

and a few more to be added!!

Sweet!

s.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

someone asked me to go and said the killers are headlining!

ANY truth in this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

someone asked me to go and said the killers are headlining!

ANY truth in this?
    Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Wow, It gets better! thats great news!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

as far as I know the Killers are NOT playing. Where are you getting this information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

*Would also like to know*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

apparently the manics are headlining, the killers want 170,000 to play or something mad like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Killers are definitely NOT playing. The Ents officer has said it's off the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

this looks good.

dunno about druggieshambles.

I would prefer the manics over the Killer anyway, gonna see them at Witnegen. Actuallly I dont really mind who plays the main stage, Ill be at Erol and Jacques!! getting messy in a Tux is always a great night!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

kirn wrote:
    this looks good.

dunno about druggieshambles.

:D

I saw Babyshambles a few months ago and it was probably the best gig I've ever been to. Pete is God and is such an amazing musscian and performer.

I can't believe I'm jealous of Trinners for the first time ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

I saw Babyshambles a few months ago and it was probably the best gig I've ever been to. Pete is God and is such an amazing musscian and performer.

Me and the two blokes off adam and paul are forming a band goona model ourselfs on the babyshambles. what you think. We have already lined up our drummer to shag glenda gilson. The tabliods are going to be drooling all over us

Get a life mate "pete a god" never.

You know now that no one will ever take anything you say about music seriously ever again?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Babyshambles gig was one of the best gigs of last year, anyone who was there prob agrees, those who slight doherty due to his press coverage and don't actually listen to his music are as bad as brian mc fadden fans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Janacopolis

C'mon now guys, don't you think the Killers are a bit above the Trinity Ball anyway??

C'mon now guys, don't you think the Killers are a bit above the Trinity Ball anyway??

Ye, one popular debut album and they are way above the following:

The Clash
    The Smiths
    The Cure
    The Prodigy
    The Buzzcocks

Who have all played at the ball in the past............ Dont forget the Tickets are about €70, and there is 1000's of people there......

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭deadbeat

when did the smiths play the trinity ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Jeff Buckley played one year too - thats the one i woulda killed to see.

as for current rumours, thats basically all they are atm - rumours. talking to a few of the people i know who are kinda involved in college related funding more than anything else (gits usually hear this stuff sooner than most) and a lot of the larger acts are still up in the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

Who cares about the Killers? Lemon Jelly are fantastic, I saw Errol Alkan in the TBMC a few weeks ago and the man is a legend, best set i've seen in ages. God, i wish i was going. Any girls stuck for a date, i look really good in a tux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Ugly Dead Boy

So did Smashin Pumpkins and Muse, been to a few of these, recently it's kinda lost it's appeal, maybe its age!!!! Maybe it's just that they've become kinda ****, Jerry and the Mudbug club and a U2 cover band headlines last year, I think!!! ****!!! But at least I got to see the Things play!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Ali Cat

Actually the Divine Comedy headlined last year but tbh I don't really remember the bands that much, there was loads going on and generally it's just lots of fun.

• Advertisement

I think we should start a "I have a spare ticket, who wants to be my date thread" Think about the pimping!!!

*shuffles off to a shady corner approaching all young 'uns....*

I thought the Divine Comedy were on before Jerry and wotsits.... Divine Comedy seeem to be regulars on the Trinity stages, they've played it a few times!!!

There's always a smaller band after the headliner. The year before the headliner was Death In Vegas and Mundy was on the stage after them. My (musical) highlight from last year was the Rapture. They were legend.

Ye, The Rapture were amazing live.......My drunkness lifted and I can actually remember the entire gig, which can not be said about the headman/2manydj's set. I can only hope that Erol and Jacques can match last years destruction......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

Someone mentioned on the Trinity board that Muse are playing this year...anyone know if this is true!?

They played it before so maybe, I haven't heard anything for definate!!!

Muse? I'd take one pile of salt and pinch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Oh hohohoho burn...
    Yes I am unfortunate enough to go to UCD and yes they are all a bunch of w**kers!

Is there any chance I can become an adopted Trinity student?

The ironic thing about your first post is that you mention that you're usually not jealous of Trinners. Now why do you consider that noteworthy? :D

Advertisement