Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum ban.

Options
  • 28-07-2014 7:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to contest my last two yellows from Team ShadowComplex as dozens of these posts are allowed everyday.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,585 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I understand you have made no attempt to reach an agreement with the mod on these cards. Indeed I understand you stated to the mod:
    I am not asking you to review the cards, we both know it's a pointless exercise only there to make posters think there is a fair process, and a waste of both our time.
    Could you therefore confirm whether you really do wish to contest the 2 yellow cards and consequent ban (and to be clear if only one of the cards is upheld you will still be facing a (reduced) ban under the forum totting up process)

If you do wish to contest one or both cards, could you please explain this post.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    'SSN....now available under rocks.'
    What was the purpose of the post?

And also while I'm looking at this could you please explain this statement of yours (which is where you state your current "location" is)
    On the wrong end of a power trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Well I started the thread so I do want the posts looked at. I stated to the mod that I didn't want to discuss the posts with him as Imo that turns out to be a pointless tick the box exercise in most cases. I did ask him to instead engage in a productive discussion about the general inconsistent modding within the soccer forum, which he in turn declined.

Not much explanation needed for the post. It's a variation on the old 'under a rock' gag which implies that the person the post is aimed at is so disconnected from current news events that they were residing under a rock. In this instance the lack of a big name replacement for Luis Suarez was the big news event which had been discussed in the thread and the poster would have been well aware of that unless he had been living under a rock. It also had the secondary function of highlighting how up to date SSN is.

I don't really see what relevance my 'location' is to this debate but it's a tip of the hat to one of my favourite wrestling tag teams of all time...The two man power trip.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,585 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, your attempt to insult my intelligence with that last comment has backfired. I may have had some sympathy given you received the 2 yellows in quick succession. Equally your dig at the mods and modding with that location jibe leads me to consider upping your ban and revoking access to the forum. However I will leave it at a 3 month ban and a warning that you had better improve your behaviour when you return to the forum as given your record (including posts that have not been actioned) I would not have much of an issue if the mods decided to remove your access permanently should such behaviour continue

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, your attempt to insult my intelligence with that last comment has backfired. I may have had some sympathy given you received the 2 yellows in quick succession. Equally your dig at the mods and modding with that location jibe leads me to consider upping your ban and revoking access to the forum. However I will leave it at a 3 month ban and a warning that you had better improve your behaviour when you return to the forum as given your record (including posts that have not been actioned) I would not have much of an issue if the mods decided to remove your access permanently should such behaviour continue

Just a hypothetical situation here beasty but if say a mod had a location as being 'on a power trip' and was handing out cards to posters of opposition teams in record time would that be insulting the intelligence of posters? Would it be as rage inducing for you as my location is? What kind of action would be taken in that case?

Also isn't the DRP process about addressing cards received, hardly a fair process if posters wanting to contest their cards are threatened with increased bans, even more so for posts that were not actioned in the first place.

You chose not to follow the process set out above, and on that basis I don't see why I should spend much time on this appeal. I can see no basis for overturning either card - you were having a dig at a poster in one case ane you were trolling Arsenal fans (something you seem to take a lot of pleasure in) in the other. As I said I may have had some sympathy given the cards were issued in quick succession, but your wider record (15 yellows in the Soccer forum, 5 of which have been picked up during the past 3 months) and your comment in your "location" field means I have absolutely no intention of given you the benefit of any doubt (and to be clear there is no doubt in my view). And yes, I am entitled to increase any penalty if I consider it appropriate - given your extensive trolling record I do believe it only fair to warn you that if your behaviour continues in that vein then I would consider a permaban entirely appropriate. By explaining that here hopefully the message will get through and you will change your posting style for the better, thereby avoiding the need for any such action

I am therefore upholding both cards and the 3 month ban

You may of course ask an Admin to revciew this decision

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    You chose not to follow the process set out above, and on that basis I don't see why I should spend much time on this appeal. I can see no basis for overturning either card - you were having a dig at a poster in one case ane you were trolling Arsenal fans (something you seem to take a lot of pleasure in) in the other. As I said I may have had some sympathy given the cards were issued in quick succession, but your wider record (15 yellows in the Soccer forum, 5 of which have been picked up during the past 3 months) and your comment in your "location" field means I have absolutely no intention of given you the benefit of any doubt (and to be clear there is no doubt in my view). And yes, I am entitled to increase any penalty if I consider it appropriate - given your extensive trolling record I do believe it only fair to warn you that if your behaviour continues in that vein then I would consider a permaban entirely appropriate. By explaining that here hopefully the message will get through and you will change your posting style for the better, thereby avoiding the need for any such action

I am therefore upholding both cards and the 3 month ban

You may of course ask an Admin to revciew this decision

Now who is insulting intelligence? I could have followed the process to the letter and there would have been another reason for you not to comment on my completely hypothetical situation.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the sig and my 'trolling' of Arsenal fans, and just to clarify I am certain one of my yellows should have been revoked as it was overturned by the mod.

No need for admin review. I think we both know how that will play out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement