Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20% off Sportsdirect - Sitewide from midnight tonight until Sunday @ 23:59

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

To many inpatient people using it.
    It's a courier delivery. A lot of people need to make themselves available for collection or make arrangements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I ordered 11 items in total on Sunday and i got 6 delivered this morning ,then i got a tracking email from DHL so i presume thats for the other 5 items?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jibberjive

I ordered Saturday & goods arrived this morning. Thanks to op got a 7"x5" set of goals for £10.40 will have happy children this Christmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

Ordered early Sunday morning, departed gatwick early yesterday morning and received it today. €47 for the new Liverpool shirt with printing :D Very happy. Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

jibberjive wrote: »
    I ordered Saturday & goods arrived this morning. Thanks to op got a 7"x5" set of goals for £10.40 will have happy children this Christmas :)

They should be using it now with the fine weather. Twill be pissing rain at Christmas time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Ordered last Saturday 26th. Departed Gatwick at 6.31am yesterday morning. Arrived at sort facility Dublin at 18.15pm. Departed Dublin at midnight last night. Arrived at sort facility Shannon at 5.30am this morning. Dispatched with courier at 8.25am. Delivered at 1.50pm. 4/5 days delivery as they said. Very happy with order, and everything fits. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 AM21

byte wrote: »
    Yaay, mine departed Gatwick at 6am this morning! En route, at last :)

Same here- did yours get delivered today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

AM21 wrote: »
    Same here- did yours get delivered today?

It'll be tomorrow before you get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Delivered :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

PERKS20 Expires tonight at 23:59.

I'm going to do a serious runnage around today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Allyall wrote: »

Thank you for the code Allyall.

Coupled with free shipping, some serious savings to be had :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

AstraOwner wrote: »
    DHL drivers must really hate SportsDirect!

Ya, they'd much prefer to have no orders and no business and be getting the old P45's from their employer. Delivery men delivering goods...........whatever next!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

bailey99 wrote: »
    Ya, they'd much prefer to have no orders and no business and be getting the old P45's from their employer. Delivery men delivering goods...........whatever next!!!
    Nah, they'd much prefer more business deliveries and not spending much longer days rushing around the backroads of the country trying to find houses in the arsehole of nowhere to deliver cheap socks and t-shirts from SportsDirect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

AstraOwner wrote: »
    Nah, they'd much prefer more business deliveries and not spending much longer days rushing around the backroads of the country trying to find houses in the arsehole of nowhere to deliver cheap socks and t-shirts from SportsDirect.

Then they should end their contract with sports direct and give it to DPD or whoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

My orders say "awaiting courier pick up", hoping to get a few bits ordered for a friends birthday on Saturday. Anyone any idea what that status is? Are they in Ireland or still in UK? Or how do I check it? Haven't got any emails from couriers, just checking status on sports direct... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

craggy2 wrote: »
    My orders say "awaiting courier pick up", hoping to get a few bits ordered for a friends birthday on Saturday. Anyone any idea what that status is? Are they in Ireland or still in UK? Or how do I check it? Haven't got any emails from couriers, just checking status on sports direct... Thanks

This happened to me too so I enquired.. Has been picked up and just not updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭davehey79

Just a heads up that the new united jersey is on there now if anyone wants to use the code against it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mines in Dublin, hopefully have it tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Mines in Dublin, hopefully have it tomorrow :)
    Heh, yeah, mine arrived in Dublin at 1808 this evening.

Dunno if I'll get it tomorrow, though I'm in no real rush. I just hope my mug isn't damaged.:D

If its arrived in Dublin today from Gatwick I would be 99% sure it will come tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Ordered Monday lunch time and its still processing :( did get an email yesterday saying it was being picked but nothing since

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bizi

Thanks allyall! I thought I'd missed the boat on this deal. Hoping to get the Kayano delivered to Blackrock in time for their flight to Sydney! Maybe even Christen them with a 10k run before that long flight home.

Bizi wrote: »
    Thanks allyall! I thought I'd missed the boat on this deal. Hoping to get the Kayano delivered to Blackrock in time for their flight to Sydney! Maybe even Christen them with a 10k run before that long flight home.

The boat was missed on Original offer.. (It expired on Sunday)

It was Danny2580 who posted the new code, I was just reminding that it was going to expire tonight :).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91473255&postcount=68

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Mine is gone out with the courier, see you soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bizi

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Code PERKS20 now working for 20% off.

Thanks Danny! I didn't realise you were the original poster of this code. I really appreciate it!

Bizi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Mine travels very very fast
    - Departed Facility in DUBLIN - IRELAND 23:45
    - Arrived at Delivery Facility in SHANNON - IRELAND 23:47

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Put my order in on Wednesday morning and it's still processing, anyone else have that kind of a delay?

Usually I found them to be incredibly quick, I sent an email to them but got a standard system reply about 10 seconds later explaining how they're picking the products and essentially "processing" the order... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Ste05 wrote: »
    Put my order in on Wednesday morning and it's still processing, anyone else have that kind of a delay?

Usually I found them to be incredibly quick, I sent an email to them but got a standard system reply about 10 seconds later explaining how they're picking the products and essentially "processing" the order... :pac:

I ordered mine Sunday but it didn't ship until yesterday. I think the high volume of orders because of the codes is slowing everything down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Ste05 wrote: »

yeah i wouldnt worry man, i put in an order sunday morning and it was processing until last night, today its awaiting corrier pickup, but i dont think it left SD's warehouse yet as it hasnt even got to gatwick, it will probably make that move tonight and ill get it tuesday morning. most likely everyone went in to frenzy with the 20% off code and they have a huge backlog of orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Are these codes all finished now yeah? Also is their still free shipping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Code doesn't seem to be working for me

No, Code is expired now, but I think free shipping is still available.

Mine is with courier since 9am, should I expect it today?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Mine is with courier since 9am, should I expect it today?

Definintely yes, unless they run out of time to deliver which has never happened to me

Sweet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ordered 27th July and it's still in Leeds wont have until Tuesday at the earliest, booo sportsdirect (though in fairness they aren't usually that bad)

Got mine about 2pm today, happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Got mine a few minutes ago. Well happy even with one item unshipped as it a gift set that the airlines won't carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Got mine today too, however the Mug was broken :(

DK224 wrote: »

My mug came packed in bubble wrap inside three small cardboard boxes, felt like the Russian Dolls when I was opening it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

My mug came packed in bubble wrap inside three small cardboard boxes, felt like the Russian Dolls when I was opening it.
    small, Small??
    The Mug is huge, how can it fit in a small box?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

DK224 wrote: »
    Yeah, the handle was broken off my mug also, despite being in bubble wrap and two boxes. They must get poorly handled by the couriers or whatever and doesn't help that they're just thrown in a large bag with the rest of the order, as opposed to a large box.

On the plus side, glad the delivery came today and most of the stuff seems to fit... which is nice!

snubbleste wrote: »
    small, Small??
    The Mug is huge, how can it fit in a small box?

Well, large for a mug, but small for a dinosaur..

So everything is full price now? Damn it! :P

Any ideas how long the free delivery is running for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

My order from last Sunday morning is still awaiting courier pickup and I had an Item cancelled yesterday after they had told me it was ready to ship.I've bought loads off them before with no hassle, first time being messed about by them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Anyone know if they deliver on Saturdays ?
    My order showing in Dublin since this morning but no updates since morning suppose it will be Tuesday when I get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

I ordered last Sunday evening and I am still awaiting delivery. Latest tracking information suggests that it's in the DHL Dublin depot, so would expect it Tuesday.

A bit disappointed it's taken so long but I suppose it is to be expected with the amount of orders.

When I accessed the account information earlier in the week, I was surprised to see different total than what I paid. I assumed they had cancelled two items but on my dispatch email it suggests that all 5 items are included. I've emailed them twice to seek clarification but they haven't replied.

Has anyone any similar experiences?
    deisediva wrote: »
    My order showing in Dublin since this morning but no updates since morning suppose it will be Tuesday when I get it.

The DHL site states they only deliver Monday to Friday so I would imagine it'll be Tuesday. I'm in the same boat unfortunately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Mine was same showed a different total on one part of order but all my items on the page total at the end is what I paid on credit card.

I received my 2nd order today, and I'm still waiting on my first order from Sunday. My first order had all of the stuff I really wanted, so I'm hoping they'll deliver tomorrow too.

This offer was huge in mainland Europe too, so I can only imagine how flat out they are in the Warehouse(s)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Mine was same showed a different total on one part of order but all my items on the page total at the end is what I paid on credit card.

I'm not on my own at least! No option but to wait and see, with any luck all the items I bought will be delivered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement