Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Moto G from Tesco for £129.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

whirlpool wrote: »
    Oh, nope, I'm not ordering it just yet, I'm just keeping an eye on the price :)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

has anyone owned this phone for a while? (as in over a month) Just wondering of it is performing ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

123 LC wrote: »
    has anyone owned this phone for a while? (as in over a month) Just wondering of it is performing ok :)

Yeah, I've owned it since christmas. It's still great. A bunch of people have gone and bought one after playing around with it and me recommending it. They're all happy. The new ones now actually come with a nice soft touch back cover that the early ones didn't. Latest Android 4.4.4 is currently rolling out as well.

Edit: To clarify I'm talking about the original Moto G, the 4G one is basically the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Not to get mixed up with the 4G version (which is only out less than a month) which apparently has some problems with some SD cards being read/mounting them. (The 3G version doesn't have a micro SD slot)

I don't think it's a big problem, and I think there is a patch coming out. But, it may be good to know if you plan on storing anything on a micro SD card when you first get it, or if you notice some problems and think it's a faulty micro SD card.

It's also on Amazon Germany from €180 + postage, in case they run out elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Bought the locked version for £5 more yesterday, shame I didn't wait a day :o

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

is the 4g version available in tesco or elsewhere in irish stores

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yes to both.

It is truly outstanding for the price.

All it's lacking is a good camera. I'll live. :P

what i meant was is the motorola in tesco a 4g phone or is it 3g.

can you let us know what other irish stores have the 4g if tesco doesnt have the 4g version.

thanks for your reply

rigmaroll wrote: »
    what i meant was is the motorola in tesco a 4g phone or is it 3g.

can you let us know what other irish stores have the 4g if tesco doesnt have the 4g version.

thanks for your reply

Haven't seen 4g version anywhere in Ireland. Best option is through tesco direct in UK using Parcel Motel I think.

• Advertisement

Thanks Aspiring. I might wait and see if the networks pick it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

What problems does the camera have?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

whirlpool wrote: »
    What problems does the camera have?
    Limited software, 5MP, poor quality pictures.

For example, from the TechRadar review:
    That budget price tag really rings true here, and I found the majority of my photos were a pixelated mess. The Motorola Moto G struggled to focus properly and even with the focus & exposure setting turned on things didn't improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Taking family photos is mainly what I use my phone for, besides music and internet, and sometimes the moment only lasts a second or two so my iPhone 5S is perfect for catching those split-second moments. I was considering selling it and getting the Moto G but if the camera's **** then I probably shouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

When ordering from tesco direct,what postcode did you guys use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

magentis wrote: »
    When ordering fromm tesco direct,what postcode did you guys use?

Use your pmid and parcel motels northern address. If you don't know how to use parcel motel their website explains it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

When people say the camera is poor, how poor exactly is it? Anyone care to post some pics of anything to see?

Im still undecided what phone to get but the camera could be off-putting if its very bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

garv123 wrote: »
    When people say the camera is poor, how poor exactly is it? Anyone care to post some pics of anything to see?

Im still undecided what phone to get but the camera could be off-putting if its very bad.

Google for reviews. It's only 5mp where most mid it high end have 8mp or higher
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/motorola-moto-g_Mobile-Phone_review_camera_Page-3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

garv123 wrote: »

The camera is fairly good outside.
    Inside its not great even with the flash.
    The camera on my old Galaxy S1 was better in my opinion.

All sorted got the new 4g sim free one for 125 stg,works out at just over 160 euro including parcel motel fee.
    Does anyone have an idea how long the delivery is?

Also argos have the 4g sim free one for 199.99 at the mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

For the new 4g phone, what is the best SD card to get, I've heard some have been causing problems?

If there was a good one on Tesco direct, I could get it in the same order.

Flimbos wrote: »
    For the new 4g phone, what is the best SD card to get, I've heard some have been causing problems?

If there was a good one on Tesco direct, I could get it in the same order.

Seems to be no problem with Class 6's. Picked up a 32 gig one on eBay for a tenner or so including shipping. Some have had success with Class 10's but many others have had theirs rejected by the phone. I dont think there'd be much noticeable difference between the classes so you're better off going for class 6 and be safe imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

magentis wrote: »
    All sorted got the new 4g sim free one for 125 stg,works out at just over 160 euro including parcel motel fee.
    Does anyone have an idea how long the delivery is?

Also argos have the 4g sim free one for 199.99 at the mo.
    Where did you get it SIM-free for £125? Free UK delivery too?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Tesco voucher is now £15 off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Flimbos wrote: »

Those problems where fixed in the 4.4.4 update apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Tesco voucher is now £15 off

The one linked previously gives me 10 off.. have you the 15 off?

Toast wrote: »
    The one linked previously gives me 10 off.. have you the 15 off?
    Use Code: TDXR-PYRT for £15 off. - rev6
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/motorola-moto-g-4g-black-sim-free-now-125-with-code-tesco-direct-1960939

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 jlkad

yes, you are right. the SD cant extend.
    I read somewhere that the SD can't be used for app storage. Anyone know if that's true as it would make it fairly useless?

Esel wrote: »

Yep £125 on tesco direct with free uk delivery to parcel motel.

• Advertisement

I tried using that code yesterday and it wouldnt work.

I got "this code is account specific" or something to that effect.

Advertisement