Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Moto G from Tesco for £129.99

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Seems like a great price alright.

I've the first gen Moto G but I am considering picking this one up!

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Nice one!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

I was just about to order the 16GB Moto G when I saw this! It would be great to have the 4G but it's only got 8GB memory. Can anybody tell me is it worth the loss of 8GB internal memory to get the 4G??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Delira wrote: »
    I was just about to order the 16GB Moto G when I saw this! It would be great to have the 4G but it's only got 8GB memory. Can anybody tell me is it worth the loss of 8GB internal memory to get the 4G??

Considering you can install an SD card up to 32GB (128GB have been shown to work!) Then this is definitely worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I read somewhere that the SD can't be used for app storage. Anyone know if that's true as it would make it fairly useless?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I read somewhere that the SD can't be used for app storage. Anyone know if that's true as it would make it fairly useless?

It depends on each app, some apps only allow to be installed on main storage, while other apps allow all or partial storage on memory cards.

Many apps, such as music and video apps will play music/video stored on the memory card.

Realistically most of your apps should fit in the 8GB, while you can use SD card to store media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Depends on the app no? Some can some can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tried to order,sim free out of stock.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

I orderer from Tesco VIA Parcel Motel. I made a mess of entering my PMID, but a quick E-Mail to PM and they gave me a solution.

Lets hope it works:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Diarmuid_g

@paddyk: When you ordered, did you use an irish cc? I got to the point of putting in my CC details but it's asking for a postcode. If I use the Parcel Motel address as my CC billing address the bank won't honour it will they? My CC is with BOI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Diarmuid_g wrote: »
    @paddyk: When you ordered, did you use an irish cc? I got to the point of putting in my CC details but it's asking for a postcode. If I use the Parcel Motel address as my CC billing address the bank won't honour it will they? My CC is with BOI.

They accept Irish cards. Use your parcel motel address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I do not seem able to put PM ID anywhere, name fields do not accept it and address seems to be not editable by hand - you can only select it from the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

September1 wrote: »
    I do not seem able to put PM ID anywhere, name fields do not accept it and address seems to be not editable by hand - you can only select it from the list.

I had the same problem.

I didn't go through fully with the order but my personal details were accepted. Parcel Motel told me to enter your PMID (in letters) as part of your name e.g.

First Name: John Smith
    Surname: PMOneTwoThreeFourFive

Even then I found my PMID didn't fully fit so for a Zero I put in the letter 'O'.

Parcel Motel told me to ring them in Dublin when the parcel has been delivered to their NI facility to make sure everything was OK.

A bit messy all the same!

Diarmuid_g wrote: »

Yes, I used an Irish Visa card. I don't remember if I put in an address for the card :confused: I ordered on the 27th and on the site it says my order is "Created" . "Still to be dispatched"

Just ordered a Tesco Mobile Moto E.

When I entered my CC details the billing address was obviously set to the PM address in Antrim.

When I tried to change the billing address it looked for a UK postal code.

Rang 24 hour banking and the guy wasn't sure but thought it might work after I explained PM.

Tesco accepted order so hopefully it will be processed OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

FYI Code TDX-PRKW expires today.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

September1 wrote: »

When you're signed in to your account, go to 'My Account' and then, 'Manage my address book' and you'll be able to edit the Parcel Motel address to include your PM number. I put mine in under 'Flat/unit number'.

It saves you having to spell it all out in words in your name!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I managed to order a sim free one,problem is that I have somebody collecting it instore for me,Tesco's order confirmation page says that ID will be required to collect it.I wonder if this will be a problem?

Edit,all sorted.A quick phonecall to Tesco and all is good.

Mine shows as Dispatched from Tesco warehouse, Just hope my Parcel Motel cock up doesn't screw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

@paddyk As long as they have the correct address for Parcel Motel then you should be OK, just give PM a call when the package is delivered and they'll find it for you if it doesn't have the PMID on the envelope, or otherwise confirm that they have it and are ready to send it to you.

It's not like they're going to turn away a package just coz it doesn't have a PMID on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

FWIW, I saw that they have the Moto G in stock in the Tesco Mobile mini stores for 150 euro, so it might not be worth ordering it all the way from the UK.

Not sure if it is the latest version though with 4G...

Edit: Ah those UK ones are SIM free?? That is a good deal then, I'm pretty sure the ones here in Ireland are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

FWIW, I saw that they have the Moto G in stock in the Tesco Mobile mini stores for 150 euro, so it might not be worth ordering it all the way from the UK.

I'd say not, most likely the old model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Edit: Ah those UK ones are SIM free?? That is a good deal then, I'm pretty sure the ones here in Ireland are not.

It is old 8GB model, however one I ordered came without simlock and retail version of software.

This is my first time using Tesco Direct and when setting up an account I was assigned a clubcard.

Does this mean Tesco will send junk to my Parcel Motel? Is there any way to stop this?

I have turned off marketing preferences but I can't get the clubcard number from my account as they don't give the full number.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

new £10 off code: TDX-KYNK

Just ordered unlocked one of these as my chinese knockoff phone died yesterday.

No problem entering my PM ID into the delivery address - once I put in PM's postcode it gave me the option of "flat number" so I stuck the ID in there. Had to give a postcode for the billing address so went with the old reliable BT11AA and put the rest of my address (including Republic of Ireland) in the rest of the boxes.

My Moto G 4G is on its way to My Parcel Motel. Pretty great service considering I ordered it on Friday, Dispatched from Tesco Direct On Monday AND I omitted my PMID :o.

Should have it tomorrow and I will get it unlocked and report back from my total lack of knowledge about such things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

left it too late and these are sold out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

If I bought this phone in America would it work over here if I got an unlock code?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

whirlpool wrote: »
    If I bought this phone in America would it work over here if I got an unlock code?
    No.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Esel wrote: »
    No.

Thanks. Shame.

Advertisement