Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€36, Hand held games console, TMART

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Got mine, is it only the games on it that are playable or can you load roms?

As far as I know you can load them on but I haven't tried it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Got it this morning..not bad for €26 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Would someone that has received theirs mind posting a list of the games that are pre-loaded on it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Got mine just now. Can't play any of the ps1 games it's saying no file or something. Not interested in any of the pre loaded ones anyway. Will try to download some roms onto it myself later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mine still in the transit country but it was only shipped on 10th March, I got the white one for 22.48 and am only noticing now its different than the original op one. I dont think its the slimline one apart from that I can't really tell. Any of you that have received already tell me if mine is any different, see link

http://www.tmart.com/8GB-4.3-PSP-Style-MP3-MP4-MP5-Palyer-With-Camera-Game-E-book-AV-out-Voice-Recorder-White-B4_p146199.html?promotion=Women

you won't get hit for customs like the rest of us! Mine is in the country with customs as we speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Would someone that has received theirs mind posting a list of the games that are pre-loaded on it please.

"Built in about 2000 kinds of games"

Whoever got theirs..........GET TYPING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,034 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Does anyone know how I can track where mine is?
    I didn't pay for Dhl just normal shipping so just have an order number...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

gmisk wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I can track where mine is?
    I didn't pay for Dhl just normal shipping so just have an order number...
    On the tmart site go to "Track Order". Put in your email and order number. About half way down is a "Logistics" section, which should give you a tracking number. Put that into the "track and trace" bit on the swiss post website (www.swisspost.ch) and it'll give you where it's at. If it says it's left Irish Customs, you can use the same tracking number on the An Post website to track it.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

eamonnq wrote: »
    "Built in about 2000 kinds of games"

Whoever got theirs..........GET TYPING!!

I went through the list and its the same 100 or so games repeated on it. Ps1 and neo geo games.

Anyone find anything different?

Got mine. Not seeing anything like 2000 games during my first cursory glance at it. It's a nifty bit of kit though - especially for the price. The manual is useless though. Looking forward to playing with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Macy0161 wrote: »
    On the tmart site go to "Track Order". Put in your email and order number. About half way down is a "Logistics" section, which should give you a tracking number. Put that into the "track and trace" bit on the swiss post website (www.swisspost.ch) and it'll give you where it's at. If it says it's left Irish Customs, you can use the same tracking number on the An Post website to track it.

I've checked the swiss post site so often, I know my tracking no off by heart. Sad but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Mine is waiting at home, wife text me earlier.
    I am a Mario fan, anyone know if that is on it?
    I am talking 1990s original Mario now mind :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,034 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Cheers that worked.
    Looks like mine is in work...I am off today alas...so should have it Monday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

sweetie wrote: »
    you won't get hit for customs like the rest of us! Mine is in the country with customs as we speak.

Sweetie, why do you think mine wont be hit by customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Sweetie, why do you think mine wont be hit by customs?

None of us got hit with customs. He said like the rest of us not unlike the rest of us

Anyone having any luck putting ROMS onto this thing?
    What format are they? Where do you put them?
    I've tried putting a few different formats into the GAMES folder but none of them work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

what's the customs cut off price again?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

I love the way this thread began with a post quoting the device, one person recommending it and then the rest are broken down into:

- Why am I waiting so long for delivery?
    - Here are my tracking updates
    - It's stuck in customs!
    - It's arrived but I can't write a review yet as I'm not at home.

Good luck putting this piece of junk into a drawer after a week of getting bored by its poor quality/usability.

There's one born every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

blue_blue wrote: »
    I love the way this thread began with a post quoting the device, one person recommending it and then the rest are broken down into:

- Why am I waiting so long for delivery?
    - Here are my tracking updates
    - It's stuck in customs!
    - It's arrived but I can't write a review yet as I'm not at home.

Good luck putting this piece of junk into a drawer after a week of getting bored by its poor quality/usability.

There's one born every minute.

why do you care enough to read all the posts and categorize them??? :confused:

littlejp wrote: »
    Anyone having any luck putting ROMS onto this thing?
    What format are they? Where do you put them?
    I've tried putting a few different formats into the GAMES folder but none of them work.

Tried it with mega drive roms, no good. It says these
    CPS1, CPS2, MVS, GEN, GBA and other mass arcade games
    il look into it when i have more time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

If it doesn't take roms out of the box, someone here is going to figure it out and hack it so it does! I love boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭patch

Tried it with mega drive roms, no good. It says these il look into it when i have more time.

As you might know, 'gen' is Genesis, which is the equivalent of megadrive. So it does play them, just a matter of figuring out exactly which folder the roms go in, and perhaps what file extention.
    The same should apply for snes roms.

patch wrote: »
    As you might know, 'gen' is Genesis, which is the equivalent of megadrive. So it does play them, just a matter of figuring out exactly which folder the roms go in, and perhaps what file extention.
    The same should apply for snes roms.

I tried .bin files with no success hope someone might be wiser than in on formats. This is really the only reason I bought this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mine left Singapore on the 1st. No sign yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I have one. The quality is good, sturdy and the screen is great. It plays most GBA/GB/SNES/MD roms but so far about 10% of them don't work, acceptable though for the price.

Also plays video.

Like you said, the box is a generic, tatty, made-in-china budget job, but the product itself is surprisingly robust.

Maybe Terrorfirmer can advise on adding roms please?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭steviebg

Well you can play other games,just finished a game of zelda . I have only tried snes roms and most work. all you do is add your zipped roms to the game folder and extract them, should work then

steviebg wrote: »
    Well you can play other games,just finished a game of zelda . I have only tried snes roms and most work. all you do is add your zipped roms to the game folder and extract them, should work then

Just got a SNES game working on it myself.
    Any other systems that definitely work?

There are some PS1 games pre installed but these are not kept in the game folder.
    Any idea if it's possible to add different PS1 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

what's the customs cut off price again?

Below €22 is exempt import VAT (except on tobacco, perfume, alcohol).

Above that threshold 23% VAT is payable on the lot, but where total VAT payable is less than €6 it's waived on a consignment (ie. under €26.08 in value).

http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1882.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

styron wrote: »
    Below €22 is exempt import VAT (except on tobacco, perfume, alcohol).

Above that threshold 23% VAT is payable on the lot, but where total VAT payable is less than €6 it's waived on a consignment (ie. under €26.08 in value).

http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1882.html

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Ordered the white one. Thanks OP. Love emulation but using a touchscreen puts me off so this will be ideal!

Also ordered a rechargable battery in a strange format for a torch I have.

Can one connect to wifi on this or do you move files via usb to pc etc?

Advertisement