Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€36, Hand held games console, TMART

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Im not seeing the option to put in the coupon code?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Had a quick play with this this morning.
    Not the best made thing in the world plus some of the games dont seem to work (ps1 games on main screen).
    But when you go into the zip files most of them seem to work...I am currently playing cadillacs and dinosaurs....its basically streets of rage with guns and dinosaurs! what isnt to like!
    Oh and captain commando too! EPIC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

How are people connecting to their PCs. All that happens when I use the USB cable is it starts charging. According to the instructions there should be some options under settings but they're not there for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭steviebg

When you plug into the computer there will be an option on the touch screen of the hand held

steviebg wrote: »
    When you plug into the computer there will be an option on the touch screen of the hand held
    I'm only getting a Charge and Charge & Play option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭steviebg

Yeah mine did that the first time I plugged it in , just unplug and plugged the usb in a few times and a third option appeared on the screen. sorry I can't be more help than that.

I can only seem to get imported ROMS to work that are smc and gba....any ideas what other ones work?
    I have tried ebin and fig and they dont work for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

If anyone gets Mario working, please tell me the file ext and what you did, I really only care about that one :-)

smc works for me (super mario world, super mario all stars).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

gmisk wrote: »
    I can only seem to get imported ROMS to work that are smc and gba....any ideas what other ones work?
    I have tried ebin and fig and they dont work for me

same here. happy enough with that though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Not really used to downloading games as such but if anyone could direct me to a couple of links for downloading say Mario games I'd be very grateful. Freebies of course ;)

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/roms/index.php?folder=Nintendo/SNES/European

Just unzip and put the smc file in the game folder.

Has anyone wired this unit up to the tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I copied a series of bin files that made a vigilante 8 disc image for PS1. Loaded up menus and everything but went black after a few menu screens.

I cant get Bin files to work at all on mine

steviebg wrote: »
    Yeah mine did that the first time I plugged it in , just unplug and plugged the usb in a few times and a third option appeared on the screen. sorry I can't be more help than that.
    Cheers, ended up trying a different USB cable and it worked first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭crasy dash

littlejp wrote: »
    I copied a series of bin files that made a vigilante 8 disc image for PS1. Loaded up menus and everything but went black after a few menu screens.

Having the same problem myself if anyone gets ps1 bin files going please post

Quite happy im back playng Donkey Kong addicted again,Girlfriend aint impressed
    my nephew is hooked on it now aswell , he asked me though why it looks so bad compared to his games on his ipad I feel so old now:P he is only 4 haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Starting to get worried for mine, shipped on tmart site says 20/02 last thing on swisspost says the 8/03, does that seem right to the who got theirs?

808acff3819055b311572bacdaaf249d.png
    d9df2204d6257f35d5c0d10f80fcae95.png

Broke mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
    Slipped out off my hand from id say about 3ft off the couch screen cracked straight away

Im thinking about ordering a new one again it was that good

Be careful lads;)

user2011 wrote: »
    Starting to get worried for mine, shipped on tmart site says 20/02 last thing on swisspost says the 8/03, does that seem right to the who got theirs?

Mine is a similar date line to yours, shipped by TMart on the 04/03/14 and then according to the swiss post site, my date is 10/03/14 instead of the 08/03/14 like yours. So if I get mine soon I'll post here straight away and let you know. AFAIK, all the guys that received theirs already it was shipped end of February, so we are probably at least a week behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

crasy dash wrote: »
    Slipped out off my hand from id say about 3ft off the couch screen cracked straight away

Im thinking about ordering a new one again it was that good

Be careful lads;)

Anyone know which PSP protection case would fit this best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

If anybody could pm a direct link to where they download their games to transfer onto the handheld I'd appreciate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

drag0n79 wrote: »
    Anyone know which PSP protection case would fit this best?

None I'd say. The console I recieved is very slim and light. Maybe half the thickness of a psp.

patch wrote: »
    None I'd say. The console I recieved is very slim and light. Maybe half the thickness of a psp.

Yeah it's very slim alright, was thinking it might match the PSP2000 Slim or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Mine arrived today and to all the killjoys ("one born every minute" comment springs to mind) I say boooourns....its a lovely bit of kit.fairly sturdy and esay to play straight out of the box..nostalgia factor is through the roof with some of the included games and if i can load on a few more classics it ll be the best 26 quid ive spent in a long time. thanks again to the OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭blue_blue

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Mine arrived today and to all the killjoys ("one born every minute" comment springs to mind) I say boooourns....its a lovely bit of kit.fairly sturdy and esay to play straight out of the box..

Yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Started a thread for discussing games etc for this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89668006#post89668006

might be of use to some people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Mine arrive
    i got the cheaper white one.
    http://www.tmart.com/8GB-4.3-PSP-Style-MP3-MP4-MP5-Palyer-With-Camera-Game-E-book-AV-out-Voice-Recorder-White-B4_p146199.html?promotion=Women

Worked out at 21 euro delivered at the time with code.

There's a whopping 3,000 games already installed however I can't find a search function so you have to scroll through them manually lol.

I had no problem getting other ROMS on - Got Pokemon Emerald for GBA , Sonic 2 for Megadrive, and Aladdin and Super Mario RPG for SNES.

The screen isn't great at all tbh but what do you expect?
    There's almost 6GB available to put in more ROMS. I tried putting in both epubs and mobis for the "e-reader" but neither of them worked. The voice recorder works ok but what the hell would you need that for? Video playback looks ok - there was a Asian pop video with scantily clad chinese women prancing around in pilot uniforms!

Not bad I guess for the price.

Having the same problem myself if anyone gets ps1 bin files going please post

Quite happy im back playng Donkey Kong addicted again,Girlfriend aint impressed
    my nephew is hooked on it now aswell , he asked me though why it looks so bad compared to his games on his ipad I feel so old now:P he is only 4 haha
    The only one I've tried so far is Crash Bandicoot 2, but it works fine other than being a little slow.

• Advertisement

Adyx wrote: »
    The only one I've tried so far is Crash Bandicoot 2, but it works fine other than being a little slow.

I loaded tenchu stealth assasins it loaded intro videos then did no more
    Im :mad: now my one is broken thinking about ordering another one its just waiting 3 weeks isa bit of a pain

Anybody on here got a working code for a discount on tmart want to order one to replace my damaged one :mad:

Boardsies dont fail me now!!!!!!!!:p
    SOS retro gamer in need of help

I got a mail back...RE PS1 games installed with it not working...well that makes sense.....

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for your email, it is our honor to help you.
    Reset the item.
    We suggest that you do not play the large games,or the play may not hold it correctly.
    The game may have a different code actually,someone may change it to NES games from other formats,so it cannot played on this item.
    Connect it to your computer, scanned it for virus to make sure it is virus free.
    Thanks for your support and patience to tmart.
    Have a nice day.

If you have any question, you may also use the link below to contact us.
    http://www.tmart.com/HelpCenter/Contact_Us.html

Best wishes,
    Jasika
    Tmart Service Team

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

Mine arrive
    i got the cheaper white one.
    http://www.tmart.com/8GB-4.3-PSP-Style-MP3-MP4-MP5-Palyer-With-Camera-Game-E-book-AV-out-Voice-Recorder-White-B4_p146199.html?promotion=Women

Worked out at 21 euro delivered at the time with code.

There's a whopping 3,000 games already installed however I can't find a search function so you have to scroll through them manually lol.

I had no problem getting other ROMS on - Got Pokemon Emerald for GBA , Sonic 2 for Megadrive, and Aladdin and Super Mario RPG for SNES.

The screen isn't great at all tbh but what do you expect?
    There's almost 6GB available to put in more ROMS. I tried putting in both epubs and mobis for the "e-reader" but neither of them worked. The voice recorder works ok but what the hell would you need that for? Video playback looks ok - there was a Asian pop video with scantily clad chinese women prancing around in pilot uniforms!

Not bad I guess for the price.
    What megadrive format did you use please? Looking to get me some streets of rage on.

What megadrive format did you use please? Looking to get me some streets of rage on.

Some megadrive games are in bin format when you extract the zip file but some are smd file which seem to work. Try downloading different ROMs from different sites.

Also go for game boy advance roms over SNES as they seem much better optimised for the big wide screen

Some megadrive games are in bin format when you extract the zip file but some are smd file which seem to work. Try downloading different ROMs from different sites.

Also go for game boy advance roms over SNES as they seem much better optimised for the big wide screen
    I have tried smd files but getting error with all of them (Invalid file format)
    Help!

• Advertisement

Help!

Same with me for SMD.

Ye have me worried! I must try some file types out later tonight

The only file types I have got working are smc and gba

Along with the zip files (neo geo ones installed).

None of the PS1 files on the home page work, smd dont work, bin files dont work either....

The only file types I have got working are smc and gba

Along with the zip files (neo geo ones installed).

None of the PS1 files on the home page work, smd dont work, bin files dont work either....

Strange, all of the pre-installed PS1 games work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Does this play Master System games?

Wonderboy 2 FTW

• Advertisement

Help!

Check my previous post. I got a different model than most people here.

Mine doesn't play PlayStation or mame roms for example.

It runs megadrive, game boy color, game boy advance, SNES. However the SNES emulation isn't great as those games weren't designed for wide-screen. GBA emulation is much better and looks great.

I've all the best games for GBA on it now. All the super Mario, Zelda link to the past, castlevania double pack, fire emblem, pokemon, Aladdin, final fantasy 1,2, and 6, Kirby, and more .

Can't get the game boy color Zelda games working though. Doesn't get past title screen. Got super Mario DX working though. Happy days

Check my previous post. I got a different model than most people here.

Mine doesn't play PlayStation or mame roms for example.

It runs megadrive, game boy color, game boy advance, SNES. However the SNES emulation isn't great as those games weren't designed for wide-screen. GBA emulation is much better and looks great.

I've all the best games for GBA on it now. All the super Mario, Zelda link to the past, castlevania double pack, fire emblem, pokemon, Aladdin, final fantasy 1,2, and 6, Kirby, and more .

Can't get the game boy color Zelda games working though. Doesn't get past title screen. Got super Mario DX working though. Happy days
    Ah I ordered one of those as well lol.

Maybe I will have more luck with that one......
    Might just send this one back for a refund.

Did you get yours yet user2011? No sign of mine still same info on swiss post, left transit country on 10.03.14. ??

Did you get yours yet user2011? No sign of mine still same info on swiss post, left transit country on 10.03.14. ??

No I haven't, Nearly giving up on getting it tbh. I thought there would of been movement on Swisspost last week but nada.

I'll give tmart a buzz tomorrow if there still isn't anything happening.

I'll Post here what is said.

Second thoughts just emailed them now so wait and see what they say.

No I haven't, Nearly giving up on getting it tbh. I thought there would of been movement on Swisspost last week but nada.

I'll give tmart a buzz tomorrow if there still isn't anything happening.

I'll Post here what is said.

Second thoughts just emailed them now so wait and see what they say.

Update user2011 just checked swift post and it has arrived in dublin, probably get it tomorrow woo hoo can't wait, sure you'll have the same news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

Showing up arrived on An Post (no update on Swiss Post since 08/3 ... scanned in there 3 secs ahead of user2011's)

Update user2011 just checked swift post and it has arrived in dublin, probably get it tomorrow woo hoo can't wait, sure you'll have the same news.

6b436365198e7d7d2550eeb16b6afcaa.png

nearly there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ion564

thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Ordered mine on the 10/3/14 and it just arrived this morning. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet but looks decent enough. The build quality doesn't seem great, but that's to be expected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Pizzle, what delivery service did you use?

• Advertisement
Advertisement