Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who here thinks it is time for a revolution ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

dsmythy wrote: »
    Woah now. What are we putting in it's place?

My sentiments exactly. Whereas I'd love to see the end of the current Government - I want to know what I'm getting in their place! That means reading up on party policies, prior to.......... an election. Boring, I know:D:D

Roll on the next election, though!!

Noreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

let me think . . .if we get rid of fianna fail then that means we're stuck with . . . fine gael. And enda. And this is a good thing why???

anyway it doesn't matter there'll never be any form of revolution because we're not french pr!cks and because we'll all vote for fianna fail again.

Heres an idea, we set up a boards.ie political party!!!!

(joke, don't take it too seriously . . .)

You might be on to something there with the boards political party, just not sure we could decide on anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

LeBash wrote: »
    We can March on the Dail to realise that there is only 16 in that day, and not one that can make a decission.

Sixteen?? That means we will have to all turn up at something like 3.30 PM on a thursday, but anyone arriving at 4 o'clock will miss the fun.
    Well, we do have guns but that right is slowly slipping from us too. ;)

Perhaps we now know why. Who said FF can't forsee the obvious:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

It's very easy to decide what you are against, less easy to decide what you're for. (There was some discussion on the 'how accurate was The Wind That Shakes The Barley' thread.)

Look what happened after the massive 1979 PAYE marches....personally I wanted reform of the tax system as the PAYE workers were paying disproportionately more than the self-employed and the wealthy. I just wanted the burden shared - not just a tax cut for myself! After all, public services (this was before privatisation) still have to be paid for -gardai, hospitals, education, gas, electricity, telecommunications, sewage etc etc......AKA all those lazy public sector workers.

From here: Estimates of the number of people on the streets of Dublin yesterday varied from an official Garda figure of 60,000 to a figure of over 200,000 claimed by the organisers. An idea of the size of the giant demonstration can be gauged from the fact that the head of the march and the public meeting were well under way outside the GPO in O’Connell Street while contingents were still leaving Parnell Square on their way to Leinster House. At that stage, the march stretched up O’Connell Street, D’Olier Street, College Green, Dawson Street, St. Stephen’s Green, Merrion Row, Upper Merrion Street, Lincoln Place, Westland Row, Pearse Street, Westmoreland Street and back to O’Connell Street again.
    ....Even though the marches were about tax reform, tax cuts were the outcome, a policy put in place by the trade union movement, the employers, and FF.

Where's the wealth tax here? Why won't the govt bring in a tax similar to the UK bankers one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

lucozader wrote: »
    time to remove the corrupt fianna fail bastards from office and make them and the corrupt scum pay for their crimes
    seanybiker wrote: »
    we should shoot everyone who voted them in sure, shouldnt we?

Thank god I vote for the Independants so and I thought a thread like this would have been locked by now. As for joining the revolution, count me in. I dont call dibs but I would love to throw the boot in somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I don't think I could support a revolution full time. The farm takes up much of the day and then I like to get home for a nice cup of tae.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    Not really, their TDs are excellent at keeping their constituency sweet though. Most people vote for "their" TD, not for the party.

Which does what in return?

Regards of how you think they do it, people have done nothing but complain about them and they continue to win elections. As far as I can see alot of people get brainwashed on the way into the voting booths

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

LeBash wrote: »
    Which does what in return?

Regards of how you think they do it, people have done nothing but complain about them and they continue to win elections. As far as I can see alot of people get brainwashed on the way into the voting booths

I'm not so sure about people getting brainwashed. I remember one election where the 2 FF candidates got less than 40% first preference votes between them, and both got elected!!:eek:

The reason? FF play the vote transfer game better than the other parties - and a lot better tha Independents! (I was sufficiently intrigued to check the transfers after every count, for the first time ever, because I genuinely couldn't understand how on earth they both got elected.)

Noreen

Advertisement