Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl - Franziskaner 4 for €5

• 28-07-2014 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Just noticed this today in Lidl - Franziskaner 4 for €5, it's a good beer for €1.25 each.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Yeow!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Excellent!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Just as I was polishing off my tyskie these beauts come along.

Certainly beats 5 for €9 at my local esso garage.

I fcuking love the German discounters.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,463 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sound OP, I love the stuff :D

1375462629041.jpg

Brace yourself! The 'Is Franziskaner nice?' crowd will be invading

• Advertisement

Ah sure its like a cloudy bud......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

spongebob-yes.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

(Cradles his two crates)

My precious......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Was in Lidl today. didnt see this offer,

Is there a few variants of the beer, I thought its a wheat beer, which If so, I dont drink, more for everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

This stuff is great, especially at this price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Up I go tomorrow to get my 4 boxes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

cerastes wrote: »
    Was in Lidl today. didnt see this offer,

Is there a few variants of the beer, I thought its a wheat beer, which If so, I dont drink, more for everyone else.
    theres a few different types, regular, dark, light, alcohol free and Royal (special brew that is actually cr@p) - but all are weissbiers

theres a few different types, regular, dark, light, alcohol free and Royal (special brew that is actually cr@p) - but all are weissbiers

But the only one I've ever seen on special in Lidl is regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Also, from what I recall, they're 500ml :) Will be stocking up on these :)

Got some today ... very little left in Celbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Don't drink much beer but remembered this thread as I was in Lidl and got eight bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

About 10 boxes in carrickmacross a while ago. No thirsty men around there.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Lidl are really spoiling us these days. First Tyskie now this, great price again for a good beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

just grabbed a box yum yum:D

Grabbed 2 boxes, thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

just got a box cheers OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Would these be good beers for making a shandy ? Have a party at the weekend and don't want to spent too much :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Snowc wrote: »
    Would these be good beers for making a shandy ? Have a party at the weekend and don't want to spent too much :mad:

Nooooooooo! Sacrilege.

I throw lime juice into mine sometimes....

excelsior their canned beer is 89cent per 500ml, better value still, not sure how wheat beer responds to that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Grabbed a box in carrigaline, only one and a bit left

Tasty stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 18 paulyg123

Franziskaner is a cloudy wheat beer with a pretty distinctive flavour, I wouldn't say it would work too well in a shandy (and a bit of a waste of a decent beer). As cerastes said probably best to just use a basic larger since you're not really going to taste the difference after mixing it with lemonade anyway.
    I picked up 8 bottes in Rathmines earlier, a good few bottles left around 7ish but looks like they had gone though a few boxes.

Add to that, I've just had a can of grafenwalder, its 4.8%, its a Pils, Ive just googled the Pils v Lager, so I now know the difference :).
    It was €1.25 per can if the wheat beer doesnt take your fancy, bit of a premium on the excelsior.

I bought a can of each for comparison, I think I had the excelsior before (lager at 3.9%), both are ok, the above Pils is nice.

Better than some of the other bottled beers Ive tried from Lidl/Aldi in the past and a nice quantity, stays cold in the can (in fridge, plus sustains damage).
    I didnt take a liking to Zyweic or Tyskie (come to think, not sure if they are sold in Lidl/aldi), Its been a while since I bought bottled beers there, some of the stranger bottled versions are ok and might provide a nice quantity/price but others I havent been too keen on, one called Rheinbacher?, I might do a test again, cant recal what Lech was like. Perlenbacher is ok.

For shandys I think there are trays of small bottles of beer anyway, Lidl even had bottles in at one point that resembled the spitfire/bishops finger bottle in their brand, I recal that being nice but didnt see much of it, cant recal what it was called now.

I prefer darker beers, but its a nice change and cheap too.
    Bit trial and error, and some can only be bought as 4 packs so you cant pick and choose one or two which would be nice.

Lidl stocked the actual spitfire and bishops finger but unfortunately have stopped stocking them. They used to do 2 for 3 on them regularly too

• Advertisement

4SVpFVQ.jpg

you can mix coke and weissbier and then it becomes a "Negger" (which means what you think it does) - which has to be one of the most politically incorrect names for a drink.

you can mix coke and weissbier and then it becomes a "Negger" (which means what you think it does) - which has to be one of the most politically incorrect names for a drink.

4SVpFVQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It's amazing how far a thread can go off topic.

It's amazing how far a thread can go off topic.
    its perfectly on topic.

someone wanted to know if you could make a shandy with frankziskaner - and indeed you can - with coke - and its then got a black related nick name.

(some do also do with lemonade, which is called a Russ'n, but whatever thats got to do with russia I dont know)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

1 bottle left in Ashbourne!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Larry Bee

Loads left in Wexford for a change... they had boxes stacked in the middle of the aisle...minus 3 now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No just no....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Ain't never heard of a wheat beer shandy in all my years! Was happy to pick up a case of this in ashbourne today. Another maybe 15 cases on the floor. Will be partaking a little later.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

4 for 6euro back in stock.
    Offer 08/09 - 14/09.
    Good few boxes in Wexford town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

bars wrote: »
    4 for 6euro back in stock.

Any idea of the best before on them?

I'm waiting on them to go on deal as close to Xmas as possible so maybe that's this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

I'm waiting on them to go on deal as close to Xmas as possible so maybe that's this time.

Best before 07/15 on my one.

Nice price increase....,,

So they've jumped up by 20%?

Lidl getting wise now too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Even at €6 for 4 these are much better value and taste than the mainstream can that they have.
    Anyone know how to change the title on a thread? I can see blood being drawn at the checkouts as boardies land there expecting to pay €5 for 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

its still a good deal- though it wont taste as nice:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

xmas :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

plenty of them in my local lidl. pity I have boxes of the fiver deal still piled up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Just got 2 boxes in Ashbourne, Cheers OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

TheDriver wrote: »
    plenty of them in my local lidl. pity I have boxes of the fiver deal still piled up

I'm prepared to help you out there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

Anyone any idea if this 4 for 5/6 deal will be back in before Christmas?

Fridge is starting to look a bit empty

• Advertisement
Advertisement