Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€99 Nokia X2 Smartphone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

danjo-xx wrote: »
    This looks like a bargain and its sim free available in a months time. RRP €99
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/technology/microsoft-unveils-new-99-nokia-x2-smartphone-1.1843354

Where did it say sim free ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

ted1 wrote: »
    Where did it say sim free ?

In the Star newspaper today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭ted1

danjo-xx wrote: »
    In the Star newspaper today.

Oh then its true

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

To be honest, this is just a feeder (into Microsoft's Windows Phone) phone that is marketed towards people who want to buy a smartphone for the first time.

It's designed to look and feel like Windows Phone whilst actually being Android. It contains all of MS's services too, so the idea is when said person goes to buy their second smartphone, they'll be so familiar with the design and ecosystem, they'll buy into Windows Phone. It looks like a decent device and it's affordable too, but I think you may as well go the whole hog and buy a Lumia 625 or Lumia 520 for cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

You could suggest every phone is a 'feeder' phone-ie my Moto G is a feeder phone for Android, my girlfriend's iphone is a feeder for more iphones.

Seems like a nice phone but I would have worries about the UI, Nokia X platform 2.0 UI. Lots of bloatware attached too I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    You could suggest every phone is a 'feeder' phone-ie my Moto G is a feeder phone for Android, my girlfriend's iphone is a feeder for more iphones.

Seems like a nice phone but I would have worries about the UI, Nokia X platform 2.0 UI. Lots of bloatware attached too I'd say.
    What I mean to say is that theyre totally different OSes.

Its running a forked version of Android, and hopes to get you hooked on the design and services so you'll choose an actual Windows Phone next time. A kind of Trojan horse if you will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'm not sure if thats the really the intent. I would say its a feature phone based on a version of android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

i saw that on the link below also... looks like a bargin

http://gaelictech.ie/?p=617

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

The X2 is a gateway product,like the X XL and X+ to tie people into the windows ecosystem,this release is rather strange so soon after the previous X series and has effectively killed off the last three X series one range,plus they will not get the X 2.0 software so once again owners of those models have been shafted good and proper.

It wont be sim free,in stores, and the price will not be 99 euro either if and when it hits ireland,it will be interesting to see what networks will take this on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 neto

X2 now available for pre-order on Expansys.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Order now on factorychoice.ie €89.00, what is the spec like ?

castle2012 wrote: »
    factorychoice sells nokia x not x2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

corcaigh07 wrote: »

Is it really IPS screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Looks like a decent enough phone.

Do ye think that it will be available in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Microsoft just killed off the Nokia X line of phones today - http://www.gsmarena.com/microsoft_kills_nokia_x_android_phones_lays_off_18000_people-news-9060.php

I wouldn't go near this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Microsoft just killed off the Nokia X line of phones today - http://www.gsmarena.com/microsoft_kills_nokia_x_android_phones_lays_off_18000_people-news-9060.php

I wouldn't go near this.

Jesus. Those things died faster than the Kin...

Hardly, may not even see the light of day after today's news

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Any sign of this phone?

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Any sign of this phone?
    Nope its unclear atm if we will even see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Nope its unclear atm if we will even see it.

And how would you know? What are you, like, Joe Nokia or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

They've said its cancelled.

Even if it was to be sold. They've just killed most Peoples interest in it. What are you hoping for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Wow. Nokia were flying high as the leading global mobile technology company a little over 5 years ago and now they have as good as disappeared without a whimper!

whirlpool wrote: »
    And how would you know? What are you, like, Joe Nokia or something?

Stupid comment imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Stupid comment imo.

Jeeze. It was just a joke. You're not Joe Nokia, you're Jimmy Nok... oh never mind.

whirlpool wrote: »
    Jeeze. It was just a joke. You're not Joe Nokia, you're Jimmy Nok... oh never mind.
    Duh lol. Hahaha...

castle2012 wrote: »

steer clear of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

sold out,crap

sold out,crap

They never had them to begin with.

• Advertisement

X2 is now available on Nokia Store for Russia for 5,990 rubles (€125). The phone also sells in Pakistan for 15,490 rupee (€117).

Advertisement