Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

banned from Meath Gaa discussion thread

Options
  • 21-07-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Received a ban for what I perceive something to be very trivial. Could you please look into it. I called the Meath players involved in a very serious fishhooking incident scumbags.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi,

As per the first step in the DRP, have you contacted the Mod who banned you originally?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dr25

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hi,

As per the first step in the DRP, have you contacted the Mod who banned you originally?

I did already, she seems adamant she's in the right.

Hi,

I've had a look at your post in question
    Hold on a second here, people were calling for o gara to be thrown off the panel over this, now it's obvious who the guilty party was and people think Bourke shouldn't be punished. Meath supporters are as detestable as their scumbag players

This to me is an over aggresive posting style and couple that, you've called the Meath players and fans scumbags.

For context you werent the only poster carded or banned for posting similar in that thread.

In this instance I will be upholding the Mods decision to ban you for a week.

If you like, you can request an Admin review of my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dr25

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hi,

I've had a look at your post in question

This to me is an over aggresive posting style and couple that, you've called the Meath players and fans scumbags.

For context you werent the only poster carded or banned for posting similar in that thread.

In this instance I will be upholding the Mods decision to ban you for a week.

If you like, you can request an Admin review of my decision.

I said their fans were detestable and their players were scumbags. It was a relevant point giving the actions of said players. To be honest I don't really care. If you can't post genuine opinions on sporting incidents what's the point in having sporting threads. The players involved in the incident were punching stamping and fishhooking their opponents therefore my comment was pretty accurate.

dr25 wrote: »
    I said their fans were detestable and their players were scumbags. It was a relevant point giving the actions of said players. To be honest I don't really care. If you can't post genuine opinions on sporting incidents what's the point in having sporting threads. The players involved in the incident were punching stamping and fishhooking their opponents therefore my comment was pretty accurate.

You can post genuine opinions but when it starts to wind up or abuse fans/players then its not on and its not tolerated, hence why you have been rightfully banned, in my opinion.

Howver, as I stated, if you would like an Admin review please state so otherwise I will get this marked resolved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement