Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rural Broadband Scheme Information Megathread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SamOptimoo

If you're not getting line of sight with a wireless provider there may be another one in your area. Give that option a try as I hear from a colleague that Satellite is not the best option as caps are low and cost's not great either. I'd was accepted for the RBS too but opted in the end for a wireless provider not on the list. They were cheaper than those who said they could offer a service. Paying for 8MB and getting 8Mb. If you're around Cork I'm with these and very happy http://www.novanetworks.ie

Regards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You are still entitled to funding under the Rural Broadband scheme, get your local TD to write to Rabbitte for the grant for the installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

annieb2010 wrote: »
    I was accepted under the Rural Broadband Scheme and my letter stated 2 companies that could offer me broadband. 1-Ripplecom and 2-QSat. I had Ripplecom out but they couldn't pick up a signal :-(

I was very reluctant about QSats offer and serive but as I can't even get a signal with a mobile broadband dongle and really need some form of internet access, I decided to ring QSat about two weeks to sign up under the Rural Broadband Scheme. Was told that they couldn't offer me broadband as per the Rural Broadband Scheme as that was only available for a limited time :-( so if I wanted I would just have to sign up to their normal packages. I did reluctantly sign up for the service. Data cap for €40 per month is only 8GB!!!! I'm sure the kids won't be long going through that allowance every month. Due to have it installed this week sometime so hopefully it works out (althought anything is better than nothing at this stage)

What do they charge if you go over that allowance?
    I would be fearful of a heavy bill with such a small data cap.

Advertisement