Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a decent budget hair trimmer/shaver?

Options
  • 07-09-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I need to buy a new hair trimmer/headshaver but as i'll be moving around a lot and i'm on a tight budget i'm looking for something under the €30 mark...I keep my head shaved as tight as possible without actually using a shaving razor.

Thing is after having a great run with trimmers/shavers (Remingtons usually), in recent times i've a had a bad run of dodgey ones (also Remingtons)...either i'm getting the head cut off of me or there's a very slow motor or it simply won't shave tidily enough...at the moment i'm using a combination of 3 dysfunctional trimmers which combined do an alright job, but this won't be practical to carry with me while i'm away.

Before these 3 trimmers I always got excellent quality trimmers at a great price but I can't find that generation anywhere now.

So has anyone got some recommendations of a quality, budget, '0' close/tight shave hair trimmer i could grab before i head off in a few days?

Thanks
    DrF ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Anyone recommend anything?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

As Galva says theres a pretty good selection in Argos read the reviews and you won't go to wrong!

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

If you can stretch your budget a bit.....I'd recommend a Philips...possibly a Body Groom. I used to buy cheapies in Argos and they really don't last any time, pay the bit extra and buy quality. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Bought a Philips QC5345/15 one on Amazon a few months back. It's far more than your budget, but there appears to be a cheaper, newer model that's much the same (battery charges are slower?).

I'd had several Remingtons over the years - total crap, by comparison.

• Advertisement
Advertisement