Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cover gigs for everybody?

Options
  • 24-12-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hi there
    i have a proposition for a drummer or a leadguitarist/lead vocalist.

this is aimed at 2 types of gig.
    1). solo or duo acts that need a rhythm section for the odd gig and don't have a band

2). drummer with the ability to get the odd gig and no band.

myslef with/without a bass player can arrive at your gig with PA / Lights / Backdrop.
    either front the gig for you on guitar and vocals or back you up on the kit / backing vox.

i am a full time professional musician age 35. will travel 90mins from Naas, Co. Kildare, pretty much form limerick to dundalk athlone to wexford.

if you think i can be of service to you pm me your email with some details
    location, instrument and email, i'll mail yuo back and we can swap setlists etcetc.

i hope you like the idea. no timewasters please, trying to earn a living here.
    cheers for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭studio54

not to sound smart but why not set up a covers wedding/function band?
    I'm a 36yr old drummer from kilcullen that would be interested in joining.
    Couldnt face endless jamming sessions though....been there and dealt with too many timewasters

let me know if this interests you

cheers
    b

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

BIGDOGG: Please don't use such ridiculous font settings in future when posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BIGDOGG

Malice wrote: »
    BIGDOGG: Please don't use such ridiculous font settings in future when posting.

apologies i was messin and couldn't fugure out who to put it back.

just as a matter of interest : even tho i prefer the classic font style why not use ridiculous font size ??

studio54 wrote: »
    not to sound smart but why not set up a covers wedding/function band?
    I'm a 36yr old drummer from kilcullen that would be interested in joining.
    Couldnt face endless jamming sessions though....been there and dealt with too many timewasters

let me know if this interests you

cheers
    b

i have a wedding band already. i'm on the kit. i want to fill in around the weddings. trying to spread the wings and jam with other peeps, get to know other scenes, play some different tunes, earn a few bob. play some good gigs.

but you have already answered the question ur self. rehearsals.

why don't you go and get a few gigs, i'll put lads out front of you that don't need rehearsal. we play every night of the week normally averaging 8/9 gigs a week. full timers! it's a win win situation.

i hope i don't come across arrogant. deffo not the buzz, i am serious about this.

pm me your email addy and we can chat further if you like

ps happy chrimbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 theinhouseband

BIGDOGG wrote: »
    i have a wedding band already. i'm on the kit. i want to fill in around the weddings. trying to spread the wings and jam with other peeps, get to know other scenes, play some different tunes, earn a few bob. play some good gigs.

we play every night of the week normally averaging 8/9 gigs a week. full timers! it's a win win situation.

JAYSUS!!!

what happens if you get a wedding when your supposed to be helping someone out.......

and NO band is gigging 8/9 gigs a week, that's utter BS man!!!!!, and if you were, you wouldnt be looking for other work.

your either in the boat or in the dinghy in this game pal.

Nothing worse than a ship jumper!!!!

• Advertisement

JAYSUS!!!

what happens if you get a wedding when your supposed to be helping someone out.......

and NO band is gigging 8/9 gigs a week, that's utter BS man!!!!!, and if you were, you wouldnt be looking for other work.

your either in the boat or in the dinghy in this game pal.

Nothing worse than a ship jumper!!!![/QUOTE

if there is a clash use a dep. simple.
    of course playing 8/9 gigs a week is not possible with a band i play solo acustic gigs during the week in dublin. afternoon evening and night slots

SO BLOW IT OUT UR ARSE KNOWALL MOFO!

no stroll on .... you are spoiling my thread which i am hoping to get some honest decent work. fcuk you and ur dingy.

Personal Abuse not tolerated on this forum.

Bigdogg takes a break for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 benestoria2

its like the Jeremy Kyle show here on this thread...do a lie detector!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 theinhouseband

BIGDOGG;76166889

if there is a clash use a dep. simple.
    of course playing 8/9 gigs a week is not possible with a band i play solo acustic gigs during the week in dublin. afternoon evening and night slots

SO BLOW IT OUT UR ARSE KNOWALL MOFO!

no stroll on .... you are spoiling my thread which i am hoping to get some honest decent work. fcuk you and ur dingy

EEEEEEK!!!!!!

thank god ur not playing at my wedding if ur gonna use deps!!!

Good call mods!!

He actually PM´d me looking to join the wedding band i´m starting up, so maybe his band might want to know that he IS trying to jump ship.

In a business where entertainment is one of the highest paid jobs, there are guys you can rely on, and those you can´t.

and to clarify the original quote he gave "we" play every night of the week "normally" averaging 8/9 gigs a week. full timers! it's a win win situation.

I think the band need to DEP you matey!!!!

That dinghy is pretty comfortable anyway, ya cant get lost in it, and you always know where you are one day to the next!!

Round of applause for the mods!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 benestoria2

LOL

• Advertisement

i'm back!!! and i have to say it was worth it
    there is a busybody ruining this thread. he is only posting a theory he has concocted in his own dreamworld head. making up rules of the game as he goes along. trying to tell me i can do this and i can't do that if i'm fdoing the other. well i can and i do.

i pm'd him and apologised for being a bit ott. i explained my work in more detail and he has not stepped up to retreact his comments which again, are totally untrue and nothing other that his opinion plucked from the ether.

msg for him (ang don't post another walter mitty vibe )
    i don't dig yuor small minded politics get a life and leave working men alone.
    there must be a reason you are not in a working band at the moment. did yuo fall out weith other band members ? are you skabby with the dosh ? or a neurotic fool. anyway i don't care and i don't want to know the answer either. my thread is ruined thanks alot you have done your bit.

anyway my new years resolution is to not waste my time with energy draining fools like you.

boards is now a thing of the past for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

BIGDOGG wrote: »
    boards is now a thing of the past for me
    Thread closed in that case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement