Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man in the Kitchen

Options
  • 21-07-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting one from Reddit. Picture taken of child with a figure in the background. No one was there at the time apparently. Assuming that there is no one there, it certainly is a great ghost photo. Especially considering there dosnt seem to be a lower half.

ijbvqIv.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

That is creepy as feck! If you zoom in, you can see its eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That is freaky looking :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Just from looking at the photo here without further investigation the 'man' looks very pixilated, so right off the bat I would be looking more so as a photo-shopped image.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Myrddin wrote: »
    That is freaky looking :o

not as freaky as the size of the kid's feet! :D

I dunno though, seems like a rather ordinary picture, only the write-up states otherwise. The lower half could be that person sitting in a reclined position with his feet on a chair or something. Or it may not even be a person, just a familiar shape but something completely mundane like a kid's mask propped up on the table with two holes in it allowing light through from the window giving the appearance of glowing eyes or camera flash caught in eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

If you look close enough you can see two possible legs from a person under the table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Whatever it is, it's a solid figure.

5rdQ2X.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

The flash caught in the 'ghost' eyes is the giveaway for me. At a local reunion a group photo with red-eye looked like a nest of creepy vampires. I never found out if the photographer made it out alive!But great picture find!if its human,it someone having a bad hair day hiding in the darkness and if a ghost one having a bad hairday hiding in the darkness....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Ziycon wrote: »
    If you look close enough you can see two possible legs from a person under the table.

It looks like someone sitting at the table - which would be weird if you were to assume no-one else was there. Then again, there obviously was.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The entire image looks equally as pixelated as any other part to me. The high pass filter sort shows that something was there at time of shooting rather than being photoshopped in later. I wouldn't be confident t enough to agree with Maccored that there is someone sitting there.

ghost.jpg

Maxed out the exposure which usually brings out the detail in an under exposed picture. Cant find any detail in this at all.You can see that it has brought out the underexposed detail in the underside of the table.

• Advertisement

Riamfada wrote: »
    The entire image looks equally as pixelated as any other part to me. The high pass filter sort shows that something was there at time of shooting rather than being photoshopped in later. I wouldn't be confident t enough to agree with Maccored that there is someone sitting there.

I can see a body and as Ziycon pointed out, legs, at the table. theres someone plain and simple sitting at the table. Nothing paranormal need apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

maccored wrote: »
    I can see a body and as Ziycon pointed out, legs, at the table. theres someone plain and simple sitting at the table. Nothing paranormal need apply.

Well the 'legs' aren't bent so the figure would appear to be standing. If this is the case then it's either a child or a dwarf of some calibre. Seeing as one of the legs doesn't reach all the way to the floor, I'm going to go ahead and say it's a pirate dwarf! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

yeah, i agree, it looks like theres someone sitting there. but anyway, kill it with fire!!! LOL

what I see fits with someone sitting down with their legs kinda crossed. anyway - I've said my piece. pretend its a ghosty.
    Well the 'legs' aren't bent so the figure would appear to be standing. If this is the case then it's either a child or a dwarf of some calibre. Seeing as one of the legs doesn't reach all the way to the floor, I'm going to go ahead and say it's a pirate dwarf! :D

maccored wrote: »
    what I see fits with someone sitting down with their legs kinda crossed. anyway - I've said my piece. pretend its a ghosty.

No problem, but unless you can show evidence of your opinion its not fact. "Pretend its a ghosty" could be construed as patronising.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Creepy, but looks like someone is sitting there wearing a mask ?

I believe you have that backwards sir. there is no evidence to show its a ghost. common sense therefore kicks in. I didnt intend to sound patrionising btw. Its just the whole 'its a ghosty its a ghosty!' idea when it obviously seems to be just someone sitting at the table. If you want to believe a random person on reddit that its a ghost, work away. Thats all I was saying.
    Riamfada wrote: »
    No problem, but unless you can show evidence of your opinion its not fact. "Pretend its a ghosty" could be construed as patronising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

One way or another, creepy picture!

I would comment that it reminds me of my in-laws but I have already in a 'past-life' been rebuked on another forum for making disparaging remarks about in-laws!

Will I ever learn?!

….. but it defo must be one of my in-laws ….. now I've said it … in for a penny …. in for a pound

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Creepy OP photo!

Advertisement