Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A suitable subject for paranormal investigation. Before they tear it down

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Another silly season story if you ask me. Im sure theres many houses round the country which are associated with people who have died. More than likely knocking it as its hard to sell a house that someone was murdered in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

lots of tragic stories there indeed but i feel sorry for the poor son and family as his court case is up this august and his mothers belongings are still in the house for ..

I grew up a few miles away and Id have no probelm buying it for a fair price or renting it even myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I investigated a house once where it emerged that there was a theme of internal relationship conflict between past residents of the house and also being experienced by the current residents (found out after investigation), all unconnected tenants. The house was associated with a suicide and subsequent apparitions. So there could be something in this.

I wouldn't say there would be a problem selling a murder house. Far to many unbelievers to have it bother them.

Riamfada wrote: »
    I investigated a house once where it emerged that there was a theme of internal relationship conflict between past residents of the house and also being experienced by the current residents (found out after investigation), all unconnected tenants. The house was associated with a suicide and subsequent apparitions. So there could be something in this.

I wouldn't say there would be a problem selling a murder house. Far to many unbelievers to have it bother them.

Id be interested in hearing about the other house at some stage too...

Im a long term follower and avid reader of the paranormal forums here even though sadly I have never had any experiences myself but some of my close friends and family have had some (in Dublin) so Im well aware of them but until I hopefully see something with my own eyes I will be a little wary of some claims..

I probably would not have posted in this thread at all except the lady killed and her son were friends of my own aunt and 1st cousin who knew each other well through the local "special"school system so its quite personal to me:)

ah really lads, read the article. One killed in car car accident, a man killed in wales (like how the hell is that anything to do with the house?) then read what the county councillor says about no-one wanting to live in it. It amazes me how people think everything is paranormal.

• Advertisement

There have been five deaths associated with the property in the decades since.

One man who lived there was stabbed in Wales, another died in a road accident, while there have been three tragic deaths in the house – all involving different families.

quite an extraodrinary high rate imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

davycc wrote: »

One man who lived there was stabbed in Wales, another died in a road accident, while there have been three tragic deaths in the house – all involving different families.

Someone in my home town lost 4 friends in a car crash then their father died months later.

Is he cursed or something?

hard to argue with that

theres only three deaths mentioned - the murder, a car accident and the fella in wales. Havent heard from any source what the other two mysterious deaths were. At my inlaws house two people died over the past 5 years - from cancer mind you but they died. Im sure the people who owned the house before them died at some stage. Does that make that a 'extraodrinary high rate' of deaths in that particular house? I would say no, not at all. People live in houses. People invariably die. Because of one, the other isnt cursed.
    davycc wrote: »

maccored wrote: »
    theres only three deaths mentioned - the murder, a car accident and the fella in wales. Havent heard from any source what the other two mysterious deaths were. At my inlaws house two people died over the past 5 years - from cancer mind you but they died. Im sure the people who owned the house before them died at some stage. Does that make that a 'extraodrinary high rate' of deaths in that particular house? I would say no, not at all. People live in houses. People invariably die. Because of one, the other isnt cursed.

i never said the lixnaw house was cursed i only posted in this thread to let OP know its not suitable for a paranormal investigation imho:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement