Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agh, fleas!!!

Options
  • 10-01-2009 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭

So I'm sitting at home today and I notice that Tink has a couple of lumps on her spine where the hair is all sticking up. She had just been barking at the binmen outside and when she does that her hackles rise so much that she looks like a Rhodesian Ridgeback, but these looked really weird. So H goes off to get a comb to pull the hair back and see if he can see anything. Next thing two HUGE fleas jump off her and thenback on. I nearly focking died. We've had her for 3 years and my mum had a Westie for 17 years and I've never seen a flea in my life. Our vet only opens for a half day on Saturdays so I laid rubber all the way into Carlow to the vet there to get a treatment for them. She recommended Advocate (we normally use advantage).

I'm telling you, I couldn't get home fast enough to put it on - we have three Boxers and you can pretty much guarantee that if one gets something, they all will. I've spent the rest of the day boil-washing pretty much every bit of soft-furnishing in the house and spraying everything else with flea spray, and I'm still freaking out. I haven't stopped scratching all day!

Hopefully that's the end of them, but my God, I never thought I would be so disgusted!

ETA a little pic of her.

n552147677_892899_9791.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lucky111

Ummmmmmmm you did know that dogs have fleas ????
    and probably always have them:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Fleas crop up now and then when you've got cats, dogs, rabbits etc. so don't panic too much just treat all the dogs once a month with Advocate, I
    used to use Advantage but now use Advocate it's very effective.
    In the 5 years of having our small dog she's had fleas once, oh the guilt but tbh it can happen to any dog no matter how well looked after.

Lucky dogs don't always have fleas.

:rolleyes: but they do get fleas.
    Sure you can buy lotions and collars.............., but they will keep coming back:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

lucky111 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: but they do get fleas.
    Sure you can buy lotions and collars.............., but they will keep coming back:rolleyes:

Yes but they dont have them all the time

Same with humans and head lice - you can get rid of them but you can always get them back again... :rolleyes:

dlambirl wrote: »
    Yes but they dont have them all the time

Same with humans and head lice - you can get rid of them but you can always get them back again... :rolleyes:
    isn't that what i had stated:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement