Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gold fish question

Options
  • 04-01-2009 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi. Was wondering can anyone figure out this for me. We have 2 goldfish for about 5 or so years. For the past few days one of them has started to develop black/brownish colouring on his skin. We have done nothing out of the ordinary, feed them as normal havn't touched the water, the filter is clean. The only thing is about a week ago the wind slamed the front door and one of the fish went nuts jumping and swimming on his back. But did calm down after a bit. Maybe he got a severe shock
    Is he on the way out?? :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

\
    The same thing happen our guy last year, he's about the same age. lasted a few months went completly black, then chsnged back again with no ill effects.
    i think it's call black fin or black spot

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

Thanks for advice guys but i think his time is up. His back fin seems to have dissappeared and hes floating very low to bottom with the other guy pushing him around. Wish there was something to do to end his misery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

RIP fishey. :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 odeacl

sorry to hear bout your fish.
    Same thing happened to mine a few years back. the first one died and then i heard that if you feed them live food it helps. my second got it and I fed him live food and it worked......might not be same condition though but its worth a try if it happens to your other one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 northsidedave

what do you mean by live food can it be frozen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

what do you mean by live food can it be frozen?
    Live food is basically food that was once live, unlike flakes or pellets. For example brineshrimp or worms etc. The most common way of buying it is in a frozen form. Decent petshops will stock it. Depending on what type of fish you have it could be a good addition to their diet.
    Gamma%20Blister%20Sleeves.jpg
    p-29744-42134-fish-food.jpg

Advertisement