Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone know what happened to the "giant" they found in Anrtim in 1895

• 22-06-2014 4:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭

It seems odd that a 12 foot tall giant was discovered here.

Odder still is that it had 6 toes, (consistent with all other reports of giant discovered around the world, with 6 toes, 6 fingers and 2 sets of teeth)

Oddest of all is that it seems to have vanished without a trace.

I hate the word conspiracy, but you gotta ask yourself why and how so many similar reports around the world over the centuries, all mysteriously disappear!

So, can anyone shed some light on this?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

There are a few of these doing the rounds. I love how this one originated on a site for fake photos, a bit like the ine in the OP, I also lived the implied "evolutionist" conspiracy.
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/giantman.asp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭///3power

Ipso wrote: »
    I love how this one originated on a site for fake photos

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

///3power wrote: »
    Link

It says in the smopes article.

Oh well in that case...

How silly of me to question anything.

By the way i don't see any mention of it in the article. All it says is: 'In any case, we don't need to know the specific origins of these photos to definitively determine that they're fakes.' (He said 'definitively', it must be true!)

The source for information on that article is (the anti-God programming/propaganda/conditioning) National Geographic, which is owned by News Corp.

Do some research and find out who the president of News Corp is, and of these other five mass media mega corporations, that control your tv. Then find out what they all have in common.

grid-cell-1630-1383590610-19.jpg

Then, dig a little deeper and awaken to the truth that you're been manipulated in almost every aspect of your life.

But you can break out of the matrix with knowledge.

Seek the truth, accept it and ultimately return to God.. or don't, to your own peril.

• Advertisement

Thread starts with giants, and ends with evangelism. Strange.

It's all connected

You won't believe me but there is an active plan to subdue your morals.

They are pursuing and implementing this plan for a little over a hundred years now, you can download and read a copy of it if you search the "elders protocols".

Everything in it has or is coming true, yet they still claim it's a hoax.

The main objective is to easily control you.

A nation with no morals is easily controlled.

To them, we are beneath them. We're sub human and not even worthy of serving them.

This has all been prophesied so you can't save the world, but you can help yourself and others.

Don't abandon God, that's what they want. That's how they're succeeding in their plan.

The writing is on the wall. This stuff is no longer "conspiracy", it's as apparent as can be, but they have a good thick layer of wool pulled over.

It's all connected

In a world without reason underlain with fantastical conspiracy theories concerned with giants and the iniquity of news corporations, perhaps.

Edit: In light of your subsequent post I think I'll be unfollowing this thread.

You'll know soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Look, put it this way, if a "race of giants" was found dontcha think people in the field would be hopping up and down to prove it and make a name for themselves? Oh and if this is a "god" thing? The researcher who proved god would be on the fastrack to demigod status himself. I mean, scientist types have been and are only too happy to claim a new species with the barest of differences in morphology(do NOT get me started on the various Erectus sub divisions of the mess that is Homo Habilis). The guys who found "Lucy" have been living off it ever since and the Leakeys et al made a career out of new species pronouncements*. Imagine the first guy or gal who could prove the existence of 12 foot high hominids. Lotsa grant money and instant tenure. Oh but wait, they haven't...

Look at the other end of the scale and what went on with the "Hobbits", Homo floresiensis found in the last few years. Lotsa debate and some rancour, but the bones and stones are there for all too see. And those Homo floresiensis change the maps in a big way if the findings turn out to be true.

TL;DR? Oh be the hokey... Conspiracy forum thataway => If you're quoting anything with the word "protocols" in it that's the best place for you.

* that is not to diminish their sheer hard work, expertise in the field and the remarkable additions to our insight of early man

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Look, put it this way, if a "race of giants" was found dontcha think people in the field would be hopping up and down to prove it and make a name for themselves? I mean, scientist types have been and are only too happy to claim a new species with the barest of differences in morphology(do NOT get me started on the various Erectus sub divisions of the mess that is Homo Habilis). The guys who found "Lucy" have been living off it ever since and the Leakeys et al made a career out of new species pronouncements*. Imagine the first guy or gal who could prove the existence of 12 foot high hominids. Lotsa grant money and instant tenure. Oh but wait, they haven't...

Look at the other end of the scale and what went on with the "Hobbits", Homo floresiensis found in the last few years. Lotsa debate and some rancour, but the bones and stones are there for all too see. And those Homo floresiensis change the maps in a big way if the findings turn out to be true.

TL;DR? Oh be the hokey... Conspiracy forum thataway => If you're quoting anything with the word "protocols" that's the best place for you.

* that is not to diminish their sheer hard work, expertise in the field and the remarkable additions to our insight of early man

Stop making sense, Wibbs. A reasonable response such as yours could potentially destroy the OP's much-wanted delusion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's all connected
    Put down the spliff. It'll make sense in the morrow.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

gvn wrote: »
    Stop making sense, Wibbs.
    How dare you G. :mad: I never make sense. You need to open your mind maaaan. I'm one of the lizards *blink*. :pac:

Wibbs wrote: »
    Look, put it this way, if a "race of giants" was found dontcha think people in the field would be hopping up and down to prove it and make a name for themselves? Oh and if this is a "god" thing? The researcher who proved god would be on the fastrack to demigod status himself. I mean, scientist types have been and are only too happy to claim a new species with the barest of differences in morphology(do NOT get me started on the various Erectus sub divisions of the mess that is Homo Habilis). The guys who found "Lucy" have been living off it ever since and the Leakeys et al made a career out of new species pronouncements*. Imagine the first guy or gal who could prove the existence of 12 foot high hominids. Lotsa grant money and instant tenure. Oh but wait, they haven't...

TL;DR? Oh be the hokey... Conspiracy forum thataway => If you're quoting anything with the word "protocols" in it that's the best place for you.

Fair enough, i get your point.

And tbh i don't care too much about giants, my real point is about questioning things in general.

A lot of information gets suppressed. Giants might be far fetched, but it's the same principle.

Fair enough, i get your point.

And tbh i don't care too much about giants, my real point is about questioning things in general.
    Hell yea 3P. Questioning is damn good. You should always question. The trick I have found is to narrow down the object of the question. Shít, for many a year I've been convinced early humans got jiggy with other early humans, our ancestors and we're the result of it. I never believed the "pure" out of Africa replacement theory. It just mad zero sense to me. I didn't buy the "pure" multiregional theory either. Both were too black and white. Too often science does that, too often science has fashions and memes that are "givens" and in the words of the propher "fcuk that shíte". It's never, or very rarely that black and white.

A lot of information gets suppressed. Giants might be far fetched, but it's the same principle.
    suppressed suggests a plan. TBH I'd be happier if there were a plan. The fact is, or in my humble is, a lot of information gets ignored or avoided in lieu of the current theory de jour. The one cool thing about science for all its faults is that sooner or later it does come through and minds get changed. Put it this way, if this was the 1950's plate tectonics and the Big Bang would be considered "out there", even subversive and weird.

So yea keep questioning, but at the same time examine your own internal beliefs, fashions and memes. We all have them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

gvn has been driven to drugs and Wibbs has turned into a lizard. That'll do it.

///3power, there are plenty of places to legitimately discuss your interests/theories - not here though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement