Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What age did you stop growing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I hit 5ft 11" at 13 and only grew 1/2" since then. I'm pissed off because I was always expected to end up around 6ft 6" with the rate I was growing, but stopped so suddenly.

Before telling this to people, they are shocked to learn I played 2nd row for my town's U15 rugby team :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

I stopped growing vertically when I hit 5ft11 at 18.It has since shifted to growing sideways,which has been rather fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

blah blah blah the usual 'oul crap outta Duffy. Sadly it's all been heading south like a slow mudslide since
    yadda yadda
    You're shrinking?!?

Sadly, I mean the parts that filled out have been sliding south of late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Sadly, I mean the parts that filled out have been sliding south of late :(

Right, getcha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

I stopped growing upwards when i was 19 at 5-8. Unfortunately my nose kept growing and shows no sign of stopping !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I was 5' 8" at 15. Now at 19 I'm 5' 9".

I heard you'll stop growing at 21. I'll just sit around and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

21 now, 5"10' or so, been steadily getting taller all through the mid-to-late teen years. Was a late-ish developer myself so wouldn't be surprised if I gained another cm or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well me personally when I finished in secondary school i was about your age and i was 5 7 and i am now 5 11 at 25 and my younger brother was about 5 8 and hes is now 6 1, So id say there is a chance youll get bigger but saying that, That was our growth spurt we never had when we were in school:D

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

5 11" at age 13. Played senior gaa at the same age. Had to bring my birth cert to football matches as a child. I'm still the same height :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

16/17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Today I turned 5 11 at the ripe age of 18 years and 21 days. (November 25th)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

I stopped growing at 11, I'm 5'4".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Around 21 for me i think. I'm 5ft 9in but i say i would have been a big bigger if i hadn't smoked for a while during my teen years.(Glad i'm off them now)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

I was around 21-22 when i stopped. I'm 6'6

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

20ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dancoxkilc

Early 20's but everyone's different. I don't see why its a major concern you are the height you are. Is penis size related to height i wonder. Is that what you are getting at here? (Im not trying to be a a-hole im seriously just wondering)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

I was 6 foot at 14(is that a new record? :D)
    15 now..I think I stopped growing(taller), havent changed for 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I was 6 foot at 14(is that a new record? :D)
    15 now..I think I stopped growing(taller), havent changed for 6 months

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I know of a 6' 4" 12 year old. Size 15 feet too. Back in your box shorty :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I know of a 6' 4" 12 year old. Size 15 feet too. Back in your box shorty :pac:

God damn you :(
    But dayuumm
    How quick did he grow? I know someone who grew like 5 inches in a few months and had to get some surgery and cant play football or anything now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

In second year when I was 14 and even third year I was one of the shortest in the year. Eventually I got to 6 foot 2. Was 15-16 before the first growth spurt and didn't hit 6 foot til I was 20. Always had the big build though and I'd say I stopped growing just about when I turned 21.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

i was 15 when i stopped growing im 6ft 5 , i was 6,2 ft at 11 taller than all my teachers leaving primary school :D

and remember that old saying " act your age not your shoe size "
    well when i was 10 my shoe size was 12 :D snd currently a Uk15 shoe ,

although to be honest id rather be 6ft 3 with a size 11 foot , its bloody impossible find clothes and shoes i have no selection i go in to shop do you have size 15 shoes , first they laugh and then when they realise im serious say "eh no" :rolleyes:

as for clothes i cant find tops / shirts that are long enough its a PITA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

do i know you ???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

amacachi wrote: »
    In second year when I was 14 and even third year I was one of the shortest in the year.

I've been the shortest in the year, every year, all my life. I'm 4' 11.5 and I stopped growing at about 14.

I'm 25 and I'm still hoping for a growth spurt.:)

Giselle wrote: »
    I've been the shortest in the year, every year, all my life. I'm 4' 11.5 and I stopped growing at about 14.

I'm 25 and I'm still hoping for a growth spurt.:)

Another half an inch and you'll be an actual person. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Went from around 5'3 to 6' in less than 18 months when I was 15/16.. then grew another 2 inches over the next 5 years and then stopped..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

What age did I stop growing what?

Sorry, I've had that line in my head for weeks since I saw the name of this thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

amacachi wrote: »
    Another half an inch and you'll be an actual person. :pac:

:(

Giselle wrote: »
    :(

*taps on head*

:pac: I'm only coddin ya!

Advertisement