Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPCS vs CSCS What's the difference ?

Options
  • 02-09-2014 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

I have ticket for Site dumper CPCS for past 6 years while I was working in Newry. Now the next project were working on is in Dublin i was told by SOLAS that I would have to do the course again in the Republic just to be certified down here to do same job.
    So went to do the course yesterday and flew trough the theory but tester failed me for not turning on becon before starting engine which he only told me afterwards when we went back inside.
    Now they want me to come back again for a half day to do practical part again and said they will only charge me €150 is this a Joke or what ? 10 years experience driving the things and then this :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

SIX PACK wrote: »
    I have ticket for Site dumper CPCS for past 6 years while I was working in Newry. Now the next project were working on is in Dublin i was told by SOLAS that I would have to do the course again in the Republic just to be certified down here to do same job.
    So went to do the course yesterday and flew trough the theory but tester failed me for not turning on becon before starting engine which he only told me afterwards when we went back inside.
    Now they want me to come back again for a half day to do practical part again and said they will only charge me €150 is this a Joke or what ? 10 years experience driving the things and then this :-(
    Welcome to Paddys Republic. Ya can change them straight over if I'm not mistaken. Look into it. Saves all that b. Sit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

You can't change them straight over that's why I had to do the Course again. Even doh the training we do here is copied from the UK version. Loada bolox.

The Cpc is worse again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

You can't change them straight over that's why I had to do the Course again. Even doh the training we do here is copied from the UK version. Loada bolox.

The Cpc is worse again.
    Next thing we'll need a licence for a forklift, doh we do. I used my irish certs in the UK with no problems. Even my plumbing and welding certs. This country is so broke and bottled up it's going no where fast. I could go on and on but I'll only get frustrated. Best of luck in your endeavours lad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

kay 9 wrote: »
    Next thing we'll need a licence for a forklift, doh we do. I used my irish certs in the UK with no problems. Even my plumbing and welding certs. This country is so broke and bottled up it's going no where fast. I could go on and on but I'll only get frustrated. Best of luck in your endeavours lad
    yes you need forklift ticket, but there are 2. one that's recognized in UK commonwealth countries that lasts 5 years. and of course there is an Irish one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

sandydan wrote: »
    yes you need forklift ticket, but there are 2. one that's recognized in UK commonwealth countries that lasts 5 years. and of course there is an Irish one

Uk is CITB, Ireland is Fas and CSCS. Should be recognised in either jurisdiction, interchangeable. CITB did the initial certification for the CSCS instructors. Also, failing you on the beacon, lol. Spazzers. ex cscs instructor here btw. Quit as I have a low bs tolerance. Also have a crap memory, so could have me acronyms wrong too.

• Advertisement

Uk is CITB, Ireland is Fas and CSCS. Should be recognised in either jurisdiction, interchangeable. CITB did the initial certification for the CSCS instructors. Also, failing you on the beacon, lol. Spazzers. ex cscs instructor here btw. Quit as I have a low bs tolerance.
    last time i rewed ticket beacon was regarded in crowded area as hazard in itself, some thing to do with flash. similar to flash photography.and weld flash will be due for renewal shortly,so will see if its optional or not but was turned off in test area due to 4 others testing at same time.must check leg on matter. the one FAs did is Citb i think, as Irish one is ok in UK depending on company HQ but not recognized in Commonwealth and a further course and test is required nowdays

Uk is CITB, Ireland is Fas and CSCS. Should be recognised in either jurisdiction, interchangeable. CITB did the initial certification for the CSCS instructors. Also, failing you on the beacon, lol. Spazzers. ex cscs instructor here btw. Quit as I have a low bs tolerance. Also have a crap memory, so could have me acronyms wrong too.

actually found my ticket this evening when searching for h&s assessment cert anyways its RTITB listed under accreditation,don't know what difference is between that and CITB, but its commonwealth approved.

or is CITB the dumper ticket, RTITB is forklift ticket, getting me wires mixed up

Well I was told by Ktc training portlaoise that I would need to come back and Re do the practical test again for €195 talk about Ripping you off. It's all about squeezing as much money out of you as possible

Well I was told by Ktc training portlaoise that I would need to come back and Re do the practical test again for €195 talk about Ripping you off. It's all about squeezing as much money out of you as possible
    if the same price elsewhere id go elsewhere,wonder would they try similar stunt though:(

If you go somewhere else you have to pay for whole day course again average price is €350

• Advertisement

If you go somewhere else you have to pay for whole day course again average price is €350

what a bloody rip off, rip off republic never died and is in it's heyday now again, nothing changes does it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

The Cpc is worse again.

http://www.irishbuildingmagazine.ie/2013/07/09/training-card-agreement-reached-between-fas-and-cpcs-uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 niallm71

all you need to do is the 1 day safepass course and then fill in a FÁS F1/4 form to change your blue UK CPCS dumper ticket to the SOLAS version.

niallm71 wrote: »
    all you need to do is the 1 day safepass course and then fill in a FÁS F1/4 form to change your blue UK CPCS dumper ticket to the SOLAS version.
    I wasn't told that when I made enquiries about changing my uk version to irish one. Even lady I was speaking to in local Fás office hadn't got a clue.
    Think their should be a sticky on this forum for anyone looking for information on Solas Cscs Construction courses .

niallm71 wrote: »

Not that simple anymore... SOLAS wont change your CPCS ticket unless you have a N/SQV or Fetac level 5 Qualification. So Its a choice between going and doing the S/NQV for each category on your ticket, or just doing a new ticket course in Ireland.

And before anyone says its not like that... I have had a CPCS card for 14 years and cant change it.... :mad:

westdub wrote: »
    Not that simple anymore... SOLAS wont change your CPCS ticket unless you have a N/SQV or Fetac level 5 Qualification. So Its a choice between going and doing the S/NQV for each category on your ticket, or just doing a new ticket course in Ireland.

And before anyone says its not like that... I have had a CPCS card for 14 years and cant change it.... :mad:
    is that any level 5 qualification or a specific one , fas seem to take level in anything as a qualification base,either as an entry or to use as rejection basis imo.i have a level 6 and it prevents me getting a level 5 in Business studies or so it seems and i cant afford to pay for it

The CSCS department in SOLAS said they can't issue a card to anyone that hasn't a Fetac 5 qualification which is issued to anyone that does the new CSCS training course in Ireland.... And that is the same as a S/NQV in the UK...

westdub wrote: »
    The CSCS department in SOLAS said they can't issue a card to anyone that hasn't a Fetac 5 qualification which is issued to anyone that does the new CSCS training course in Ireland.... And that is the same as a S/NQV in the UK...
    just wondering though as i have done courses where a level 4 or 5 qualification was sufficient to gain acceptance,not necessarily connected with that course, so if you had a level 5 in either IT or a Warehouse ops which include forklift tickets for example that might qualify,

Advertisement