Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where can I get a small torque wrench?!

Options
  • 10-08-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi Lads,

Just wondering if anybody knows of anywhere I could pick up a cheap Torque Wrench?! I'm not after a serious piece of Kit, as it will only be used on minor car services.. ideally something that torques between 18-60NM.

I've looked in Halfraauds today, and the smallest one they sell starts at 40NM, and it's 90 quid!! :mad:

Anybody have any idea where I might pick one up?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Argos?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

40nm + ..in Lidl..€21.99

• Registered Users Posts: 48 colatube

Thanks for the quick replies lads!

I've just looked at Argos, and their Torque Wrench would be too stong for me, I need something that can minimum torque at 18NM.

The bike shop idea is probably my best bet, and thanks a mil Fletch for those links. I just looked at Cycle Super Stores as it is quite close to me, but jaysus! They wanted 180Euro for a small one, your link I can get for 40ish, so that's looking like my best option at the minute. Just in a bit of a rush to do a few jobs on my car.

As for Lidl, again, the minimum setting is too high! :( But thanks, I'll check it out later when I'm going shopping for some bread! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

chainreactioncycles do free delivery and it generally only takes 3-4days (sometimes less)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

If you live near Cycle super Stores then you could try ringing Rathgar Motor Factors, they tend to have a pretty good stock of tools and parts.

Advertisement