Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you move your car at Filling Stations?

124»

Comments

Leave car at pumps
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    Tell the first part of your post to the gardai,
    Inevitably they will be called if the attendant sees you getting back into your car without paying.

Nonsense, by your logic I should have had an encounter with the guards a few times per month.

Any attendant using their head at all would wait to see if the person parks up or drives off, whats to be gained by ringing that 3 seconds earlier.

Also if they did call the guards do you think I would be hanging around to talk to them I would have paid and be long gone before they arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Atari Jaguar
    Same here. I actually moved someone's car once and parked it around the side of the petrol station. Got back in my car, filled the tank, paid the cashier and left before the owner of the other car came back out.

Wait, you actually got in someone else's car, without their permission and moved it? Did this actually happen or did your fingers just lose the run of themselves while you were frustrated at some people's behaviour that you disagreed with? I hope it was the latter, that would be excusable.

Okay, so you had no intention of robbing the car, but at the time no one else knew that and what if there had been a child in the car? Imagine what people would have thought. Please don't let your frustration get the better of you and get you into a situation you really would rather not be in.

EDIT: And for the record, I have felt like doing the same myself on a couple of occasions, but where a driver has parked directly in front of the shop entrance rather than in a space/at a pump and even once leaving their door wide open completely blocking access to the shop. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Atari Jaguar
    The petrol station I use would only see the odd farmer stopping for the auld green diesel. Now that I come to think of it, I did see a car there at the pumps once. So, I think Im safe enough leaving it where it is to go in to pay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Atari Jaguar
    I always leave the car at the pump while I pay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Atari Jaguar
    Depends where it is. If it's a busy urban filling station I won't move it, I've seen plenty of signs saying not to move the vehicle. Attitude is probably as I've spent a lot of time in the UK where drive offs are rife and no-one moves cars unless they are doing a runner.

If it's rural and only a couple of pumps and someone is waiting, I'll move. Same in the wholesalers where I normally buy diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Its a nonsense to say that moving your car will cause a panic or even an issue for a till operator. Pumps can handle multiple transactions and the operator can easily identify who is who by a few simple questions, not the mention that most people state their pump number and/or fuel amount anyway.

Anyone who is intending to steal fuel is not going to enter the shop nor will they make it so obvious that they are stealing that it would give the operator time to run out and confront them (which they would not do anyway as they wouldn't notice in time -it takes a period of 15 minutes for an unpaid fuel transaction to go red and declare itself as a drive on the system anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Atari Jaguar
    I leave it where it is, i dont want them to think im splashing and dashing.

Advertisement