Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pink Swastika

• 14-05-2008 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭

Free E-book:
    The Pink Swastika

Homosexuality in the Nazi Party

Scott Lively and Kevin Abrams

http://www.abidingtruth.com/pfrc/books/pinkswastika/html/the_pinkswastika_4th_edition_-_final.htm

“As a Jewish scholar who lost hundreds of her family in the Holocaust, I welcome The Pink Swastika as courageous and timely . . . Lively and Abrams reveal the reigning “gay history” as revisionist and expose the supermale German homosexuals for what they were - Nazi brutes, not Nazi victims.”
    Dr. Judith Reisman, Institute for Media Education

“The Pink Swastika is a powerful exposure of pre-World War II Germany and its quest for reviving and imitating a Hellenistic-paganistic idea of homo-eroticism and militarism.”
    Dr. Mordechai Nisan, Hebrew University of Jerusalem

“A well researched book. The central theme that the Nazi movement was riddled with homosexuals is certainly true.”
    Hillmar von Campe, Historian, Halle, Germany

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

And for the sake of balance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pink_Swastika
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Allegations of selective information

Many historians who read this book have argued that it leaves out crucial information in order to support what many considered to be a homophobic agenda. Lively and Abrams state that because sodomy was illegal during this time, that it was perfectly acceptable that homosexuals would be thrown in concentration camps.

Another point made was that the authors had left out historical facts that evidence homophobia in the Nazi party and by Hitler. The authors claim that any homosexual laws were selectively implied or covered for other purposes. Some of these facts not included in the book are:

* 1928: the Nazi party publishes a pamphlet containing its response to the idea of repealing the anti-homosexual law known as Paragraph 175, "Anyone who thinks of homosexual love is our enemy"
    * Feb. 23, 1933: 24 days after being appointed Chancellor, Hitler bans all gay rights groups
    * October 24, 1934: the Gestapo secretly orders local police to collect names of all homosexuals in Germany
    * June 28, 1935: Paragraph 175 is amended with broader language, so that a mere touch between men can be interpreted as an arrestable offense
    * October 26, 1936: the Reich's "Central Office to Combat Homosexuality and Abortion" is established

Also noted by many critics of this book[who?] is that while a few Nazi higher-ups, such as Ernst Röhm, were most likely gay, that alone did not invalidate Nazi homophobia, just as Joseph Goebbles' clubfoot did not make him a candidate for being euthanized for being a "cripple".

Issues of perception of homosexuality

Critics of this book, particularly gay rights activists,[who?] argue that Lively and Abrams do not have an understanding as to what homosexuality really is. According to critics, the authors seem to make no distinction between sadistic prison camp guards who sometimes raped male prisoners, and men who are sexually oriented towards other men. Many have said that the authors have also lumped pedophiles into the mix, thus comparing homosexuality with child molestation. The authors also claim that there is less homosexuality in the Boy Scouts than there was in the Nazi party due to the Boy Scouts' "Judeo-Christian" underpinnings.

Of course I'm all for something that claims homosexuality was the cause of the Nazis rather than atheism :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

What has this to do with Christianity? Are still taking about whether homosexuality is a sin? I have it on good authority that an inordinate proportion of Nazis spoke German. Draw your own conclusions. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

2Scoops wrote: »
    What has this to do with Christianity? Are still taking about whether homosexuality is a sin? I have it on good authority that an inordinate proportion of Nazis spoke German. Draw your own conclusions. :pac:

Not only is homosexuality a sin, it causes Nazism :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

2Scoops wrote: »

I agree. I don't see why this is in the Christianity forum. I'll give it a few hours to see if anyone can give me a compelling reason why I shouldn't move it to the History forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Wicknight wrote: »
    Not only is homosexuality a sin, it causes Nazism :eek:

And there was me thinking it was a complex combination of numerous factors including the social and economic failure of the Weimar Republic as well as flaws in the institutions of the state which led to extremists gaining relatively easy access to the Reichstag, not forgetting German grievances against the Treaty of Versaille.

In reality they were just all queer. How wrong was I?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Haman was put to death by a king surrounded by homosexuals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haman_%28Judaism%29#Qur.27an

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement