Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marriage & different religions

• 01-05-2008 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

My partner and I would like to marry but we are from different religious backgrounds, they belonging to a non denominational Church and I belonging to the Catholic Church. At the moment neither are not quite keen to marry in the others' church however is there any type of ceremony we could have where we could include the blessings/acknowledgements of both religions?
    Has anyone done something like this before?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

At my aunts wedding whereby her fianceé at the time was Catholic, and she was Anglican, she was married in the Anglican Church but the local Catholic priest was present to preside over it and to take part in the service. I don't see why collaboration is such an issue in this case. Just ask the pastors / priests involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭TravelJunkie

Same situation with me, except I was the non-Catholic.
    We landed up marrying with a Minister (an ex-Catholic priest who now acts as a Minister for marriages) This was nice because he could officiate it and also, with a priest background, he also had a lovely Christian message he could add to it. What we did then, after vows etc, was light the candle as you do in the Catholic service, as a symbol and some other things like that.

But the marriage happened in a Chapel, not a church, so it wasn't a church wedding as such, which might be important to you. In that case, perhaps your non-denominational partner might agree to marry in the Catholic church if the priests agrees that he doesn't have to convert or take a big pre-marriage course in order to do so.

Advertisement