Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Hudson, née Doyle, Greendrake Cottage, Terenure Road North, 1900s

Options
  • 19-09-2015 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I'm trying to find descendants of Mary Hudson, née Doyle, who lived at Greendrake Cottage, Terenure Road North, in the early 1900s. She had many sons, including George Hudson.

Mary Hudson is involved in a family history mystery that I'm trying to solve.

I'd be very grateful if anyone knows this family if they could please let me know.

thanks

Barbara
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Have you tried a straightforward tracing forward? It'll be time consuming but if you already know the names of the sons, then you should be able to find marriages for them and then children. You'll have to go in to the GRO and expend time and money buying certs. Using the Dublin electoral registers (dublinheritage.ie) which go up to 1965, you can probably track them. Then search death notices in the paper, which was standard practice from that period onwards and combine with a search of modern sources like telephone directory, current electoral register and (urgh) facebook.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Hi - was this Laurence Hudson part of the family?

from Irish Press 12 Oct 1950 p7

The obituary lists brothers, children etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Entry for the same chap in the wills at NAI.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rusheens

I appreciate the replies, searches and suggestions, thanks very much.

I was hoping not to have to do another family's family tree to try and locate them - we all know how much work is involved!

Mary Hudson's son George Hudson has/had a family tree on My Heritage, including photos - so there's a proof of a family interest in genealogy. The site states that George Hudson is in his 70s, but I don't know how long the tree has been on the site for, I guess I was hoping that one of the Hudsons might be lurking around these boards, or that someone might know of them.

Fingers crossed anyway, and if no answer then I'll go down the tracing forward route.

Thanks again.

Advertisement