Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Research on male victims of domestic violence - SURVEY

• 08-08-2011 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

A regular member has asked we post this survey in here and in tLL and would appreciate if you guys could take the time to complete the survey.
    "Hi all,

I'm currently writing a Masters thesis focusing on male victims of domestic abuse. The main questions that I hope to answer are:

1. Whether domestic abuse against males is on the increase;

2. What difficulties do male domestic abuse victims experience, both during the course of their abuse, and in seeking support and assistance

3. Whether there are sufficient supports and services in place to assist male victims of domestic abuse;

4. Whether there is a sufficient level of societal awareness in relation to male victims of domestic abuse.

To this end, I have put together a survey, and I would really appreciate your responses in relation to your personal experiences, your own views, and your opinion on how Irish society relates and reacts to issues of abuse, and specifically issues of male victims of domestic abuse.

This survey is completely anonymous and is quite short (19 questions, most of which are in simple "yes or no" format, although you have the option to give additional information if you feel it would be beneficial).

Again, I would really like to thank anybody who takes part in this, because this is a fantastic way to get a large cross-section of respondents and is absolutely invaluable to me! I feel that this is an under-researched topic, so any responses that you can provide will hopefully lead to, at least, a bit of increased awareness.

The thesis will be published and available online in early 2011, so you'll be able to see how it all came together. I will be putting boards.ie in my dedication, so look out for it!!

If you have any questions about the thesis itself, or about any of the questions asked.

Thanks

Link to Survey Here

Edit

The poster asked me to add,there are 19 questions in total,just so ye are aware before ye start it and maybe get bored midway through!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ok folks,the poll is been closed today so if anyone else wants to contribute now is the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement