Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stress at work

Options
  • 17-07-2014 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I have been working for a company for over 7 years. During this years there was nothing wrong and never received any disciplinary, investigations or chat tos about my work.
    Around 6 months ago a guy from different dep start looking after my dep and start making a big changes.
    We had never got any retraining or time to learn new procedures.
    We all start receiving file notes, warnings.. 3 of my colleagues went of sick for over 3 months.
    As a only team leader I was left for more then a 5 months to run the department on my own or with my collegue and only paid for team leader not a supervisor...
    I got a written warning for appearantly not following the procedures while I was left on my own on busy day!
    Today I had an investigation about some situation that happened on the department I wasn't assigned to on that day and yet got responsible for it after the meting finished I was called upstairs again for another investigation which shocked me because I wasn't never made aware of it or of the mistake I suppose to do?
    On that day I had 2 investigations within 10 min break and never was made aware of them before the meeting.
    After the second meeting I felt very down and very stressed... I am suffering from epilepsy and having fits when ii am stressed. My manager is aware of it I even had a fit day before this two meetings,
    I asked my partner to drop me of home (she works with me) and to let him know that I had a fit.
    When she told him his reaction was "what again??" And had a face like he is angry about this...
    I don't know what to do now.
    Once when my supervisor when home sick because of stress that the manager gives, he told my partner that he hopes he won't come back so he can get someone proper, a proper supervisor. I feel targeted..

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

are you in a union?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bob1989

No, not yet. But I was advised by friends to signed up to one..
    What could they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Probably nothing unless the company recognises and will deal with union members on your behalf.

First thing you need is a full written statement of whatever the issues they are claiming are. You can then use this as a basis to refute anything you feel unjustified

Also, are these meetings just with this new manager or are there others involved? If just him, then I wouldn't be having any more meetings with him without HR present and possibly someone to act as a witness on your behalf as well

Dig out any emails that you have that relate to your duties, requests that have been made of you, and any instructions received from the new manager... again this will be needed if you're going to reject his claims

For now, I'd send him an email (copying the HR manager) telling him that you are requesting a formal meeting to discuss this and would like a copy of the issues they have in advance so that you can prepare for it properly. Also review your company's HR policies and disciplinary process in advance as well as the relevant sections of your contract relating to duties, disciplinary etc

Good luck

Advertisement