Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Level Irish

Options
  • 23-11-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

I'm doing 8 subjects for the LC and as I can't really handle the workload of 8 higher level subjects I'm planning to drop to ordinary for Irish as it is my worst subject. As the other 7 are higher level it's extremely unlikely that I'll be counting my points for Irish so I've decided not to bother doing any study outside of school for it as I just want to pass it - I don't really want to discuss this plan with my teacher because I can't imagine she would be happy with me telling her outright that I'm not going to make any effort in the subject but do you think I should be ok to pass it if I don't do any study other from homework? I got a B in the junior cert and I've looked at the paper, it seems fairly manageable but I want the opinion of a third party before making up my mind

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

emersyn wrote: »
    I'm doing 8 subjects for the LC and as I can't really handle the workload of 8 higher level subjects I'm planning to drop to ordinary for Irish as it is my worst subject. As the other 7 are higher level it's extremely unlikely that I'll be counting my points for Irish so I've decided not to bother doing any study outside of school for it as I just want to pass it - I don't really want to discuss this plan with my teacher because I can't imagine she would be happy with me telling her outright that I'm not going to make any effort in the subject but do you think I should be ok to pass it if I don't do any study other from homework? I got a B in the junior cert and I've looked at the paper, it seems fairly manageable but I want the opinion of a third party before making up my mind
    I'm in the same position, as you! I'm considering dropping to Ordinary Level Irish, not because I'm unable for Higher Level but I, 100% won't be using it points-wise and I have 7 other HL subjects! It's just not worth the time nor effort.

I've looked at the OL papers and I've spoke with the OL teacher and honestly she said I'd find it very easy to get a good grade. I got a B in JC HL too, so you should be in the same position! Most of the course is the same as HL, just at an easier level (Like the stories, poems, sraith pictuir and all the other oral stuff are the same but easier), so it should be grand! As long as your certain, you won't be using it for points, I'd say drop down!

Advertisement