Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any advice welcome! Money, college, part time, job seekers, student finance

Options
  • 12-11-2014 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I am currently doing a full time course which runs two and a half days per week, mon-wed. I am unemployed and seeking work the rest of the days im off. I applied for part-time education allowance, a payment that enables an individual to keep recieving there social welfare payment while attending college on a part time basis. The problem I am having is i am doing part time hours but because my course is listed as a full time course I am entitled to absolutely nothing. Its a joke. The girl in my social office basically told me my only option is to drop out of college an sign back on job seekers. Is there no other benefit/allowance i can get? I have sent out endless amounts of c.v's in search for work and nothing back. I am 23 years old living at home and am now fully dependent on my parents. I feel extremely annoyed that this is my only option. Any help/advice appreciated.......

Advertisement