Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pressure switch well

Options
  • 10-06-2013 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi guys think pressure switch is gone on pump water almost stops then when pump cuts in gush of water comes just wondering are the hard replace and do the come preset for the right pressure . or should I try adjust old one thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

There are a few different types of pressure switches. I would need a picture to guide you.
    Also you need to check your pressure vessel for the pre charged pressure setting and what pressure you have in it at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

K.Flyer wrote: »
    There are a few different types of pressure switches. I would need a picture to guide you.
    Also you need to check your pressure vessel for the pre charged pressure setting and what pressure you have in it at the moment.

@ Kflyer +1.

@huntsman77. Iv a lot of experience in this field. post a picture.

Did you do any electrical tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭huntsman77

Thanks lads I'll try get a pic up tonight its square d make with one spring inside with the nut on top to tighten or loosen

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭kscobie

Check the pressure vessel also

putting up a pic just looked ay gauge pump cuts out 4 and half bar then turn on tap goes to 2 and half bar tap goes to a dribble shoots straight down to 1 bar stays dribbling for 10 seconds pump cuts in and great pressure again sorry if not describeing it great

• Advertisement

The switch appears to be working from what you are saying, but there may be a partial blockage in it causing it to function poorly
    Do you have any filters on the system, that might need cleaning.
    You will need to check your pressure vessel, it might need re charging or even replacing as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Make note of the wires. Isolate electrical supply. Remove wires. Turn off water supply, including well pump. Open mains tap & leave open until pressure drops to zero.
    Unscrew the pressure switch from the pipe. (The whole unit will turn anti-clockwise to remove). In the pipe opening below, insert a small screw driver to remove debris.
    Flip pressure switch upside down and remove the screws (I think there is 5). Remove cover & rubber diaphragm & clean.
    Re-instate everything in reverse order, but with some new ptfe round the threads below the switch unit to the pipe.
    Re-wire but also make sure you wire in that earth wire.

Thanks all for replays I'll try all of above and hopefully does the job will let ye know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

I think kflyer is on the ball. id say its dirt in the filter.

or the expansion vessel.

however that earth wire as shane007 states should be connected. get a multi meter and test that the electrics are all in working order.

Took off switch and was bits of grit and rust in little hole so cleared it out all seems fine now thanks for all replays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

huntsman77 wrote: »
    Took off switch and was bits of grit and rust in little hole so cleared it out all seems fine now thanks for all replays

Yeah, that's usually the issue with that symptom. Thanks for letting us know.

Its actually nice when someone comes back to let you know, one way or the other, how they got on.

Advertisement