Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stuart turner Eco 1.5 Twin Plastic V Grundfos Amazon Brass 1.5

Options
  • 17-04-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering whether anyone out there knows whether there is much of a difference between the follwoing 1.5 bar twin pumps.

Obviosuly the ST is plastic and Grundfos is Brass both twin 1.5 bar ..is one better that the other ???

I can get the Grundfos Brass for the same price as the Plastic ST but
    not sure whether one is better than than other , is the Brass Grudos quieter..more reliable..service ??

Thanks a mill,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

The Kurgan wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering whether anyone out there knows whether there is much of a difference between the follwoing 1.5 bar twin pumps.

Obviosuly the ST is plastic and Grundfos is Brass both twin 1.5 bar ..is one better that the other ???

not sure whether one is better than than other , is the Brass Grudos quieter..more reliable..service ??

Thanks a mill,

Grundfos pumps are the best pumps on the market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

The Kurgan wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks a mill,

Grundfos pumps are the best pumps on the market

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Stuart Turner pumps are the best pumps on the market

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

I would go for the brass body pump before the plastic, more hard wearing and robust. The grundfos model is also quieter in operation. Not by much though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If you are planning on boosting the water pressure on anything more than your shower OR bath mixer do not fit the plastic unit as you wil invalidate the warranty.
    If you are boosting pressure to several points always go for the brass unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

Saw ads on Donedeal for reconditioned ST pumps recently with warranty. Prices half of new pumps. No connection just saw them when I was looking for a pump (Didn't need to buy in the end)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Darando wrote: »
    Saw ads on Donedeal for reconditioned ST pumps recently with warranty. Prices half of new pumps. No connection just saw them when I was looking for a pump (Didn't need to buy in the end)
    Had a look at some of those adverts, the old (green) 330 and 330N models were replaced a few years ago with the new (Black) U and S models
    Had to laugh at one of the ads advertising the pump as "...still in the box" which clearly shows a discontinued 330N pump sitting in the box of a newer U series pump and the pump clearly not fitting into the box.
    Buyers beware!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hoarej85

My new pump in a Grunfost same make as last and same btu but the pressure is not as good as last pump. Any ideas why?

Advertisement