Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice for changing car brands - Renault & Ford to something Japanese...

Options
  • 02-12-2008 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Please some advice on changing car brands.

I currently have a 07D Renault Megane Saloon (leather seats, the lot) and I want a change. But... this is Megane no. 5 and all of them (inc. this one) gets electrical faults by end of year 2, so I have decided its time for some Japanese reliability. I really fancy a Qashqai (1.6 SE) - although the Tida is more in my price range - or maybe a Corolla.

Just to add to the confusion, the missus has 07 Fiesta Steel which she hates (long explanation). She fancies the Hyundai i30.

So first the naive question… I reckon given recent poor car sales I can get a good deal for both cars. Fact or am I fooling myself?

Next: Any advice of how to minimise the penalty hit of changing brands on both cars? Eg. I know a Nissan dealer will give me a bad deal on a Reno, but I just don’t want another Reno...

:confused: Confused, so any advice greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

I would imagine a Nissan garage will give you one of the best deals you'll get on a trade-in Renault, since they're owned by Renault, probably won't be as much as you'd like but such is the situation at the moment. Cant comment on Hyundai, but having driven a mate's Qashqai, they're nice to drive, nothing outstanding but nothing terrible either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Btw - Hyundai are not japanese....to be pedantic!
    But still, they are just as well made and reliable as any jap made car. The i30 is a nice car,lots of kit for the cash.

Advertisement